• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD with errors causes AnyDVD 8.3.8.0 to silently exit

mbarnstijn

@James, I know that commercial UHDs don't have errors as a protection mechanism. But should those errors cause AnyDVD to stop working?

I wanted to make a protected ISO of my UHD copy of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Amazon.ca, UPC 786936854497, https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B073LF8C4K/ref=pe_3034960_236394800_TE_dp_1) even though AnyDVD had reported read errors when doing the initial scan. Just to see if I could pull out the main movie when mounting the resulting ISO using AnyDVD + CloneBD.

Of course the errors caused the protected ISO rip to take a long time, so I left it overnight -- about 12 hours, in fact.

When I returned to my PC this morning, the AnyDVD rip dialogue was gone, and when I brushed my mouse pointer across the system tray, the AnyDVD fox vanished when I touched it. AnyDVD wasn't running anymore.

Is this a source of concern, or is this how AnyDVD is supposed to work when faced with ripping a damaged UHD?

I plan to return this copy of GotGV2 and hopefully get an undamaged replacement. I'll try to get a slightly different version so I don't get another disc from the same batch.

For laughs, I'm attaching the log file that I made from this disc.

--michael

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.8.0_Info_M_GUARDIANS_OF_THE_GALAXY_VOL_2_F294BA86_230DE2AE.ziplog
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
Is there anything I can do that would help you figure out what happened? I'm happy to experiment.

Back