• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

capt marvel

This is going from DTS-HD to DD.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.5.1.Captain Marvel.cbdlog
    590 KB · Views: 3
I tried to replicate this as it takes 3 hours to convert to AC3 but now both CloneBD (1.2.5.0 and 1.2.5.1) crashes so I can't submit a log. Dumps submitted by email.

I tried to replicate this as it takes 3 hours to convert to AC3 but now both CloneBD (1.2.5.0 and 1.2.5.1) crashes so I can't submit a log. Dumps submitted by email.
I could find your bug report - as it seams, you only submitted the crash for v.1.2.5.0, not for the beta.
Whenever possible, please always submit for the latest version - can you please create another one with 1.2.5.1 and post it here?

That said - yours is a very unique crash that I have never seen before, not even similarily.
Apparently your D3D9.dll is somehow broken. At a specific positition 2 code bytes have been overwritten which causes a crash (illegal instruction).

Does the crash happen with all discs?

I can confirm the issue is happening with Alita: Battle Angel too. I submitted more dumps. I've tried to update/install directx through redists but no luck. Any advice because nothing else seems broken besides CloneBD?

I can confirm it also takes three hours to convert the audio on Captain Marvel with the latest beta.

Last edited:
I don't crash but I still have Captain Marvel taking over 3 hours to convert the audio to AC3. I did a partial copy to generate the log and it can be found above.

I don't crash but I still have Captain Marvel taking over 3 hours to convert the audio to AC3. I did a partial copy to generate the log and it can be found above.
Yes, that is noted. It only seems to happen with that specific (US?) version of the movie, so so far we can't reproduce it, but it's being investigated.

Any advice because nothing else seems broken besides CloneBD?
Well, actually, it's not CloneBD, that is broken. After some further digging, we found the most probable cause.

A file called RTSSHooks64.dll was injected into CloneBD's process. As the name says, it hooks into processes and injects code that alters code flow. It's not an unknown technique, but if not done right, bad things happen.
If you search google for

RTSSHooks64.dll crash

You'll get numerous hits reporting all sorts of applications using directx in one or another way crashing away like mad, when this DLL is installed.
Apparently installed along with MSI Afterburner, the name is "Riva Tuner Statistics Server".
Get rid. All well. If not: enormous coincidence, let me know.

Yes, that is noted. It only seems to happen with that specific (US?) version of the movie, so so far we can't reproduce it, but it's being investigated.

It is the 4K + BD US version sold at Walmart.

Note: the new beta 1.2.5.2 does NOT yet handle the speed issue, that is still being worked on.

Excellent. I can confirm closing Riva Tuner resolved my crash issue. It was recently updated so I guess a new issue.

I've uploaded a log of CloneBD taking 3 hours to process Captain Marvel. Settings are default. I'm an Nvidia user so CUDA hardware acceleration is in use. The video is kept lossless. The audio is set to AC3 640 kbps.

There's nothing wrong with the end MKV it just takes an abnormal length of time compared to everything else I've copied.

Really hope this helps.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.5.0.Captain Marvel.cbdlog
    594.5 KB · Views: 0
Back