• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New aacs 2.1 title

mfast

After Fury and The Patriot Sony released the third aacs 2.1 title: Stand by me

AACS2.1 is a protection that should be banned or removed at least as quickly as possible :)

Not likely to happen. Pray this isn't the start of something bad...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

No need to panic yet but it's something we need to keep an eye on. Not being able to put my content on my nas will certainly make me pause future purchases.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DELUHD decrypted it, so I hope ANYDVD will follow soon

Don't hold your breath, they use a technique not available to anydvd last time I checked (drive vendor unique hardware commands).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

DELUHD decrypted it, so I hope ANYDVD will follow soon

Just like they did for Patriot and Fury. Ohhhhh, right. :) No one besides DeUHD has touched AACS 2.1 and that's not going to change any time soon. That protection is a bitch.

Don't hold your breath, they use a technique not available to anydvd last time I checked (drive vendor unique hardware commands).

LOL! It's way more complicated than that for 2.1. I don't think people realize just what this protection entails. It embeds a watermark of whatever decrypts it into the stream. That's just a small part of the nightmare. Vendor commands aren't going to do anything on this stuff. I'm not entirely sure what they use but whatever it is, it's embedded in the video stream output similar to how cinavia is embedded in the audio of many discs. This protection is a nightmare.

Now that you mention that, I do vaguely remember reading something like that somewhere a long time ago. Good thing it ain't my problem, I don't do uhd. No hardware for it.

... which has nothing to do with AACS 2.1, but with supporting some official UHD drives.

Now that you mention that, I do vaguely remember reading something like that somewhere a long time ago. Good thing it ain't my problem, I don't do uhd. No hardware for it.

Which is great and all, but, we ARE in the UHD only section. Just saying. :)

Myke of Makemkv said that probably the next releases will be able to decrypt these titles ...

I do hope that then will follow Anydvd, so the circle will be closed :)

Does any have a way to see if a water mark is really on the file after decryption??/playback
& what info can it pull from if your not connected to the internet?

That’s like saying we are purchasing a uhd disc with a built in transmitter lol

This is from memory and the last I read about this topic was many months ago so forgive me if I get the details wrong, but, I believe it embeds things like the player mac address (even if it's not connected to the internet), player id and other identifiable info into the video stream. Oh, and I'm nearly positive "not connected to the internet" means "not playing AACS 2.1". At least I seem to remember something like that. Good times.

The uhd disc plays fine on all my uhd players without being plugg into the net,

That’s like also saying anyone able to backup their own purchased tittle ( they will come for u)
I don’t think that’s the case

That isn't the point of the watermark. If you're stupid enough to upload it to the internet, then they WILL come for you. And that IS the case. And the point.

And yes, I remember the details now. You can play it without an internet connection and that's the recommended way to watch AACS 2.1 titles because if you are online when you watch it, all those details are sent back to the mothership. IOW, they know every time you play it. I really hate this moronic protection.

Back