• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can you me how to change the region on clonedvd

wade7575

Myfriend has some cooking shows from england and does not have a region 2 dvd player to play them in,and he wants me to convert them so they will play in a region 1 dvd player.I use anydvd and clonedvd but I do not know where to go to adjust anydvd or clonedvd to convert them when I burn them for him.could someone tell me how to do this please.

AnyDVD makes the backup region free but if you are referring to PAL format converting to NTSC then none of Slysoft's software can do this.

What would you suggest I use to convert between pal and ntsc.I also have nero ultra is there anything there that can convert between the to formats.

What would you suggest I use to convert between pal and ntsc.I also have nero ultra is there anything there that can convert between the to formats.

I'll let someone else respond to my reply but I think I heard Nero can do that but at a quality loss too. Anyone know if Nero indeed does do this?

I'll let someone else respond to my reply but I think I heard Nero can do that but at a quality loss too. Anyone know if Nero indeed does do this?

Yes, Nero Vision will quite nicely convert from PAL to NTSC, IMHO. Do I like doing it? Absolutely not. I would never do it for my own use since my DVD players and TVs can handle NTSC & PAL. However, a friend purchased two old movies he could only find in PAL format as a gift to someone and they would not play even after AnyDVD was used meaning the issue was the format. I converted both movies from PAL to NTSC using Nero Vision. I used High Quality (2-pass VBR) for the Encoding Mode. It took quite awhile on my system at the time but I can't complain about the results compared to the original.

Of course, in the end, the downside is that menus cannot be converted from PAL to NTSC so they are lost. I am unaware of any software that can convert menus.

Myfriend has some cooking shows from england and does not have a region 2 dvd player to play them in,and he wants me to convert them so they will play in a region 1 dvd player.I use anydvd and clonedvd but I do not know where to go to adjust anydvd or clonedvd to convert them when I burn them for him.could someone tell me how to do this please.

Honestly, if we are talking multiple DVDs... I'd, personally, shell out money [which honestly isn't much!] for a DVD player that can handle both NTSC & PAL format and clone the DVD using AnyDVD and a ripper thereby making it region free. AnyDVD cannot convert PAL to NTSC but once the region coding is removed if you have a DVD player that can handle both formats you are set w/o wasting hours converting from one format to the other. It's seriously just a pain in the butt.

I agree DrinkLyeAndDie.

I actually might go and buy this player I have found. You should too. It plays both NTSC and PAL. Even better, you can make it region free. It shows you how on the site. Forget about the conversions, they're really a waste of time.

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/46e677af003d0cdc273fc0a87f9c0708/Product/View/G2131

Super Slim Design (35mm) DVD player
Multi Format Playback- DVD-Video⁄DVD+R⁄+RW⁄DVD-R⁄-RW⁄SVCD⁄VCD⁄Audio CD⁄CD-R⁄-RW⁄MP3 CD⁄WMA⁄JPEG⁄DivX playback
Progressive Scan
Music Photo Album
NTSC⁄PAL
Video D⁄A Converter - 14bit⁄108MHz
Audio D⁄A Converter - 24bit⁄192KHz
Dolby Digital 2ch Down Mixed Audio out
Last Condition Memory
Variable Zoom function
DTS Digital out
Graphic User Interface (GUI)
Language - English, German, Russian, Polish, Hungarian
Subtitle Still
Screen Saver
Parental Lock
JPEG Slideshow with MP3 Play
Repeat⁄Program⁄Random function
Video out - composite, s-video, component
Audio out - Audio L⁄R, Coaxial Digital audio out
Accessories: AV RCA cable, manual, remote & battery
Dimensions (WxHxD): 430mm x 192mm x 35mm
Weight: 1.7kg.

Multizone Procedure:
1. Door Tray Open
2. Push "000" Button
3. Region Code: 0
4. Press "Pause" Button

Only $99.00 AUD and $15 AUD to ship outside of Australia. You might find a better deal some place else as I just picked it.

Last edited:
One day I will set one up SamuriHL. When I get a nice place of my own and more time I would love to. Expand the home entertainment system and everything!

It's definitely the way to go and solves all these kinds of problems. They're quite handy. Eventually I want to upgrade both of mine to handle HD. That'll be sweet.

DrinkLyeAndDie I sent you a private message on this problem of me not knowing how to use the part of nero you said you used can you check your private messages and give me some help thanks.Wade

DrinkLyeAndDie I sent you a private message on this problem of me not knowing how to use the part of nero you said you used can you check your private messages and give me some help thanks.Wade

I haven't been around for the last 12 hrs or so. I have no private message from you (?).

Other people in the forum should have knowledge of using Nero Vision and may be able to help you in the forum.

Anyway, It's 6:09 AM and I just got home. Time to eat and then try and get a few hours of sleep before I have to be up again.

Last edited:
I asked DrinkLyeAndDie because he had already used nero to convert R2 to R1.I was not trying to offend anyone making them feel like they could not be smart enough to help me or anything like that.I sent him a private message but it must not have gotten to him.What I was looking for is if someone could give me a step by step walk throught on how to do this with nero,I do not use nero much except for nero recode for a few things.

not sure if this would work or not but. After you have them ripped, use recode to convert them to mp4. then from there create a dvd using those clips. or ship your friend a dvd with those same files on it and have them burn there own, or watch on there pc.

Thanks Carolina Mike I will try do it the way they suggest in your link.:agree:

I asked DrinkLyeAndDie because he had already used nero to convert R2 to R1.I was not trying to offend anyone making them feel like they could not be smart enough to help me or anything like that.I sent him a private message but it must not have gotten to him.What I was looking for is if someone could give me a step by step walk throught on how to do this with nero,I do not use nero much except for nero recode for a few things.

It's really not that hard. Open NeroVision and select Make DVD then DVD-Video and the next screen opens. At the bottom of the window you should see a rather large button that says More click that and a toolbar pops up. Click on Video Options and make sure that is set to NTSC under the General for the Video Mode. Now you have a choice. You can set the process to either do Fast Encoding (1-pass) or High Quality (2-pass VBR) under the DVD-Video tab and the Encoding Method option. Fast encoding should be fine and believe me the 2-pass setting can take quite awhile. Unless this was something like an action movie I'd stick with 1-pass encoding. Then from the right side of the screen Import Disc and select the DVD drive you have the DVD in. This can take a bit since it has to import and analyze. Select all the titles. If it's episodic I'll assume it groups them together as a title with 1 title per episode. I've never done this with an episodic disc. Now, click Next when it's all imported. You'll end up on a screen to create a menu. Click on More at the bottom of the window and the floating toolbar will pop up. You can pick where to start playback when you put in the DVD and what to do when a title ends: jump back to the menu, play the next title or loop the title. Personally, I'd go back to the menu in both settings. Then click Next when your settings are done. You'll be on a preview screen which lets you preview your current setup. Use the image of the remote to experiment. If you wish to change something you can click Back and make changes. Then click Next to go forward in the process until you get to the preview screen. When you are happy with the output click Next from the preview screen. Now you are on the Burn Options screen. Make sure the Video Mode says NTSC and the Aspect Ratio is Automatic and Quality is Automatic (fit to disc). On the fight side of the screen you'll see your burning parameters. Personally, I'd slect Write to Hard Disc Folder. When you click that you'll have to select a folder to output the resulting files to. Do so. Now on the bottom left of the screen click on Write and the process begins. Now walk away from your computer for awhile while it does its work. When it's done burn the output to a DVD like you normally would. :)

Yes, this is a very rough tutorial that is written from memory so I may have left a few things out. I realize the formatting sucks but I honestly don't have the time for images or to make it all pretty looking. In the end the process isn't that hard but it's just a pain in the butt and takes time for the conversion to take place.

Last edited:
Damn... I just typed out all that I did and after posting it I saw this link which I had missed. Oh well. LOL. I'm sure your link is written a hell of a lot better than what I posted. :) Thanks!

Yea, really, what crap you wrote. GRIN :D Your instructions were fine. :)

Back