• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.5.0 very stable / next features?

coopervid

@Reto ,

just curious what is on the plate for the software development team. It's been a while (May) since you guys fixed DolbyVision (my issue) and Dolby ATMOS in MKV (SamuriHL's issue). So my guess is priority is now on adding features. Could you enlighten us please?

Thanks!

In the following order:

New year's, birthday, Easter, saint Maarten, saint Nick, and Christmas

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Ummm, excuse me, I have requests in, as well thank you! :)

1) 3D disc backup...fine, it's been on the list even though I've never cared all that much but for those that do....
2) Option to remember your last chosen format option. AHEM, MKV people! Get with the program :D :p
3) Option for selecting HD audio formats ONLY. Sick of having to uncheck all the stupid AC3 english audio tracks every time I backup a movie
4) Option to name the chosen titleset with the name of the disc with the title appended. E.G. Select title 800, name it "The Last Jedi_800"

Ok, that last one I just made up right now, but having had to re-rip my Star Wars discs, I'd appreciate that one.

SamuraiHL, agree with your (2) but regarding (3) often commentary tracks are AC3 so I don’t see so much benefit for that?

@Reto ,

don't leave us in the dark. I think everybody is interested in what you guys have as priorities. I have read that AMD hardware support is broken because of a new API. So maybe that. But please let us know.

@Reto ,

don't leave us in the dark. I think everybody is interested in what you guys have as priorities. I have read that AMD hardware support is broken because of a new API. So maybe that. But please let us know.

Yeah, "Never touch a running system ":p

But I guess that new AMD API is also on newer AMD drivers on even older AMD hardware, so Radeon RX 480 affected, too?

SamuraiHL, agree with your (2) but regarding (3) often commentary tracks are AC3 so I don’t see so much benefit for that?

I agree, I don't see much benefit from commentary tracks, either. :)

My wishlist:
Picture cropping (remove black bars). Very useful for subtitles with constant image height or cinemascope displays with clever playback devices like Kodi.

to a lesser extend:

Select core audio.

Meh then you guys wouldn't use the option to only select HD audio by default.
About that - I asked Reto about it, it is on a might-possibly-do-list, but as it is so often: it's not as simple as it seems at first.
Most non-English speakers typically select their language plus English. Sometimes this is either English HD and native non-HD or vice-versa.

As you know - one of the major goals was to keep CloneBD simple and easy to understand (expressly NOT like Handbrake and others, that confuse the hell out of people with option-overkill and sometimes really bad user guidance).

Can you suggest a good label for such a checkbox and a good behaviour?
If I were to select English and Spanish, but only English is available in HD, Spanish has two SD tracks, one is commentary, what would the check-box do?
  • only copy English and ignore the fact, that Spanish was requested entirely?
  • copy English HD and both Spanish tracks?
  • throw a message box with a long text explaining, why the situation cannot be resolved automatically?
I fully understand why you'd like this feature, but I also see a great potential for confusion and the program not behaving like the user expected.

Well I would be happy with an ElaborateBytes authorised User Manual for CloneBD which could be updated as required.

My wishlist:
Picture cropping (remove black bars). Very useful for subtitles with constant image height or cinemascope displays with clever playback devices like Kodi.

to a lesser extend:

Select core audio.

+1 for core audio!

About that - I asked Reto about it, it is on a might-possibly-do-list, but as it is so often: it's not as simple as it seems at first.
Most non-English speakers typically select their language plus English. Sometimes this is either English HD and native non-HD or vice-versa.

As you know - one of the major goals was to keep CloneBD simple and easy to understand (expressly NOT like Handbrake and others, that confuse the hell out of people with option-overkill and sometimes really bad user guidance).

Can you suggest a good label for such a checkbox and a good behaviour?
If I were to select English and Spanish, but only English is available in HD, Spanish has two SD tracks, one is commentary, what would the check-box do?
  • only copy English and ignore the fact, that Spanish was requested entirely?
  • copy English HD and both Spanish tracks?
  • throw a message box with a long text explaining, why the situation cannot be resolved automatically?
I fully understand why you'd like this feature, but I also see a great potential for confusion and the program not behaving like the user expected.

So for your scenario, it would do the first option BECAUSE you have opted to ONLY select HD audio tracks. Since there aren't any in Spanish in that use case, there's nothing for it to auto-select. What I think people forget is that this is auto-selection. Nothing is preventing you from adding additional tracks as you see fit. I don't want to have to go UNselect a bunch of non-HD audio tracks which is why I want the option. The checkbox label should be "Select HD Audio ONLY" and should do exactly that....in the chosen language/s they select, auto select ONLY HD audio tracks. If there aren't any HD audio tracks in a chosen language, too bad. :) Again, it's only for auto selection. They can absolutely NOT use the HD Audio ONLY checkbox and/or they could add additional tracks not auto selected by the HD Audio ONLY checkbox rules. I agree with keeping it simple....which is precisely what I'm looking for.

EDIT: There IS one use case that needs to be handled and match the logic that's already in the program. I don't know what it does if you select, let's say, english and there aren't any english audio tracks on the disc. Whatever that functionality does, if they select HD Audio ONLY and there are no HD audio tracks on the disc, the same logic should apply whether it selects non-HD in that case or whether it displays a message to the user.

So for your scenario, it would do the first option BECAUSE you have opted to ONLY select HD audio tracks. Since there aren't any in Spanish in that use case, there's nothing for it to auto-select. What I think people forget is that this is auto-selection. Nothing is preventing you from adding additional tracks as you see fit. I don't want to have to go UNselect a bunch of non-HD audio tracks which is why I want the option. The checkbox label should be "Select HD Audio ONLY" and should do exactly that....in the chosen language/s they select, auto select ONLY HD audio tracks. If there aren't any HD audio tracks in a chosen language, too bad. :) Again, it's only for auto selection. They can absolutely NOT use the HD Audio ONLY checkbox and/or they could add additional tracks not auto selected by the HD Audio ONLY checkbox rules. I agree with keeping it simple....which is precisely what I'm looking for.

Great idea! That would work perfectly for me! :coolman:

The checkbox should be made to only appear with the HD audio track (I guess as a secondary checkbox?) and thus only effects that HD track.

This way, you also have the option to have both the HD and the core as seperate tracks by having both the HD and the core checkboxes checked! This is great for THD/AC3!!

I know you guys don't like the monkey but they got this part right!

See example:

Attachments

• audio-checkboxes.jpg
    audio-checkboxes.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 23
Back