• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

D:/ Drive is Empty Unable to Rip

Biwa123

Hey everyone, back at storing DVDs for my kids in order to play them instead on their iPads. I have searched up and down this forum looking for a solution. I have not been able to find it. Attached are the log files and various other documents that are within the file for your review. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Biwa

Also some other things worth mentioning that I did not include above. This is a brand new Win10 installation. Very few applications are installed. The DVD does not play on a laptop, but will play in a DVD Player. This occurs regardless if AnyDVD is running.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_log.txt
    86.9 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_Status.txt
    694 bytes · Views: 1
  • dirlist.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 0
  • sysinfo.txt
    112.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
That's not an logfile, those are seperate files. The FULL logfile is needed *.ziplog in its entirety, anything else is useless sorry. That said, since you say it plays on one but not on the other device, regardless of anydvd being running or not. That's your first clue right there. Not an anydvd problem. Second, if the laptop plays other discs fine, that's your 2nd clue right there. Borderline dirty/defective disc.

My apologies for not posting the full log, here you go, I thought just the log itself was needed.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.7.0_Info_D_KINDERGARTEN L1-3.ziplog
    156.8 KB · Views: 4
That's not an logfile, those are seperate files. The FULL logfile is needed *.ziplog in its entirety, anything else is useless sorry. That said, since you say it plays on one but not on the other device, regardless of anydvd being running or not. That's your first clue right there. Not an anydvd problem. Second, if the laptop plays other discs fine, that's your 2nd clue right there. Borderline dirty/defective disc.

Why does the same disc work in a DVD player, but not on a Laptop?

I already told you why. Borderline dirty/defective disc. Some drives are more picky than others. You said it yourself. It happens regardless of the fact that anydvd is installed too.

Why does the same disc work in a DVD player, but not on a Laptop?
It is either some very aggressive copy protection or a dic with severe authoring errors.

I just installed PowerDVD and I was able to get the disc to play on the laptop. However after it started to play, I attempted to access the files, the disc was ejected movie play back stopped, and I was prompted to insert the disc again. Upon inserting the disc, AnyDVD begins to scan this disk. Get the below summary:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.3.7.0, BDPHash.bin 19-05-23)
HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA10N A110
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1458496 sectors (2848 MBytes)
Total size: 2738464 sectors (5348 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ***REMOVED***
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.
Video Standard: NTSC

Using local database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 5 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I am able to restart PowerDVD and the DVD plays.

So I have done a bit more digging.....I was able to load the disc into a Linux environment and was able to get to the majority of the files. I dual boot my laptop between Win10 and Ubuntu. Installed several packages, I could get the list if it is worth it to you all. I was able to get all but 2 video files off the discs. Still doing some additional digging, but I think some blame can be said for Win10 in my opinion.

Has this been an impact on anyone?

Unfortunately, Windows 10 does not natively support HEIF/HEIC photos and also no longer supports H.265 (HEVC) video, or even Blu-ray disc & DVD playback.

Something else to add as I do some more forensics on the drive. I ran an isoinfo on the disc and came up with the following.

scott@scott-Precision-5520:~/Videos$ isoinfo -d -i /dev/sr0
CD-ROM is in ISO 9660 format
System id:
Volume id: KINDERGARTEN L1-3
Volume set id: UNDEFINED
Publisher id:
Data preparer id:
Application id: IMGBURN V2.5.7.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!
Copyright File id:
Abstract File id:
Bibliographic File id:
Volume set size is: 1
Volume set sequence number is: 1
Logical block size is: 2048
Volume size is: 2738181
NO Joliet present
NO Rock Ridge present

Is their any additional protection available leveraging IMGBURN to further increase protection of disc drives that protect them from laptops of reading the disc, but a DVD player would ignore?

That's not protection info, thats just basic info as to what application and version wrote the disc. And you still havent provided the MID of the blank discs you used, this will be the last time i asked.

Something else to add as I do some more forensics on the drive. I ran an isoinfo on the disc and came up with the following.

scott@scott-Precision-5520:~/Videos$ isoinfo -d -i /dev/sr0
CD-ROM is in ISO 9660 format
System id:
Volume id: KINDERGARTEN L1-3
Volume set id: UNDEFINED
Publisher id:
Data preparer id:
Application id: IMGBURN V2.5.7.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!
Copyright File id:
Abstract File id:
Bibliographic File id:
Volume set size is: 1
Volume set sequence number is: 1
Logical block size is: 2048
Volume size is: 2738181
NO Joliet present
NO Rock Ridge present

Is their any additional protection available leveraging IMGBURN to further increase protection of disc drives that protect them from laptops of reading the disc, but a DVD player would ignore?
There is no CSS, no RCE, is region free, etc, so there really isn't much in the way of protection. Just for the heck of it, EXIT AnyDVD and see if the DVD will play with MPC-HC or something similar. To me, DVD players are generally more forgiving on playback than a lot of computer drives, and a lot of laptop drives are generally lower end drives.

That's not protection info, thats just basic info as to what application and version wrote the disc. And you still havent provided the MID of the blank discs you used, this will be the last time i asked.

These discs are provided. I did not purchase them I am trying to create a backup of the discs. They have a label on them, so I am unable to determine what brand they are. I do not recall I ever mentioned burning these to a disc, perhaps thats the norm when it comes to the use case of AnyDVD

There is no CSS, no RCE, is region free, etc, so there really isn't much in the way of protection. Just for the heck of it, EXIT AnyDVD and see if the DVD will play with MPC-HC or something similar. To me, DVD players are generally more forgiving on playback than a lot of computer drives, and a lot of laptop drives are generally lower end drives.

So the DVD plays in PowerDVD with AnyDVD enabled or not. That isnt the main issue. Perhaps I failed to be descriptive enough. When AnyDVD finishes the process, normally all of the files are accessible in File Explorer, in the case with these discs in particular they are not. I can then boot into my Linux box, and I have access to the files and have had minor success ripping the files and creating mp4 files. However, i also feel that their is some other protection of some kind going on. These discs are brand new, not gently used ones here. I have about 50 discs to go through, but have experienced the above through the first few discs.

So the DVD plays in PowerDVD with AnyDVD enabled or not. That isnt the main issue. Perhaps I failed to be descriptive enough. When AnyDVD finishes the process, normally all of the files are accessible in File Explorer, in the case with these discs in particular they are not. I can then boot into my Linux box, and I have access to the files and have had minor success ripping the files and creating mp4 files. However, i also feel that their is some other protection of some kind going on. These discs are brand new, not gently used ones here. I have about 50 discs to go through, but have experienced the above through the first few discs.
What happens if you do everything you normally do with AnyDVD disabled?

What happens if you do everything you normally do with AnyDVD disabled?

So i can tell you what happens as I tried this as well, none of the files appear in file Explorer, so it gives me an error saying the drive is blank. It is like the disc is waiting for files to be written to it, but nothing is available.

Back