• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hellboy (2019) problems

If that's the case, it could be a remnant of the Screenpass protection, and it's not fully handled just yet. Perhaps needs a 2nd round of adjusting, certainly wouldn't be the first time it happened. @Pete

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Well since you say playback is in the correct order, it's not an anydvd issue.

I'm going to interject here. I believe there is actually an AnyDVD issue.

Indeed.
With Screen Pass finding the "correct" playlist(s) is just one element - and it's enough for anyone who wants a movie only disc.
Full disc playback is another story - the BD-J code will not simply pick the correct playlist just because AnyDVD knows it.

This disc will be fixed soon, just hold on.

Can everyone try again now, please?

Playback with PowerDVD, etc, now works properly. That said there's apparently an issue with CloneBD or maybe still AnyDVD? Both? Using CloneBD to make a movie-only backup without menus or adding a menu and playing the movie directly winds up in a flawed backup. During the loading of the movie you see remnants of the original menu and you never get to the movie. Should I move this discussion to the CloneBD forum? Sidenote: Not the first time I've run into this oddity.

Maybe it has something to do with the CloneBD cache. Try clearing the disc history

Maybe it has something to do with the CloneBD cache. Try clearing the disc history

Had that thought when I first ran across the issue and cleared the cache. No difference.

That said, I just switched to another user account that has barely any changes to it from default and made a backup and it plays fine when playing back in my normal user account. o_O Um. Okay. Guess I'll try uninstalling CloneBD and cleaning things up a bit, reinstalling, etc, and trying again.

Uninstalled CloneBD and AnyDVD and re-installed. Made a new backup using the "problematic" user account. The backup works fine. I'm at a loss. I'll keep my eye on it but apparently it's system specific and account specific. For now I'll consider it problem solved.

Curious if the fix here is only for Hellboy or does it fix similar problems with other discs? I've run in to this kind of issue numerous times with full menu discs.

Sorry for the double post but this is a report of additional issues with Hellboy (2019) playback of the full disk. During playback on 2 licensed players of a full disk copy, playback ceased at numerous points appearing to loose it's place and go into lala land. The disc had to be stopped and re-started then playback resumed using the Resume function of the disk. Playback did resume at the right place and continued until the next stop. Players were PowerDVD17 and commercial player, LG UP875 UHD Blu-ray Player. The first stop point occurred at 25:20 using PowerDVD.

Edit: Issue confirmed playing the pISO with OTF decrypt (stop: 18:43), or playing decrypted ISO (stop: 21:39). Kind of weird the time index isn't the same.

Edit 7/31/2019: Issue resolved with v8.3.7.3

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.7.2_Info_J_HELLBOY_43F55479_672E78A1.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I'm at a loss here as well. Burned Blu-ray has out of sequence starting at 20:14 when played on stand alone player as well as through PC using Power DVD 18. Movie was ripped using 8.3.7.3. I then am trying to play the .iso on my PC through Power DVD with same results (8.3.7.3 running in background). Am going to re-rent the movie tomorrow to create another .iso to make sure I did that with "screen protection" checked as well as to make sure it is not a source problem. In mean time, log file uploaded.

Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.7.3_Info_S_HELLBOY_43F55479_135201BF.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Update with again same strange results:

1) re-rented movie, it plays fine on stand alone BR player.
2) re-ripped movie, again starts playing out of sequence at 20:14 when played through Cyberlink PowerDVD 18.
3) created another .iso with protection still in place, played the .iso again on PC through Cyberlink, same result, out of sequence at 20:14.
4) Played actual BR disc on PC using Cyberlink, and strangely, is also playing out of sequence at that same point.
5) today's log file uploaded.

Help!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.7.3_Info_R_HELLBOY_43F55479_135201BF.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
4) Played actual BR disc on PC using Cyberlink, and strangely, is also playing out of sequence at that same point.
Did you have AnyDVD running?

Please remember these two things (since it comes up all the time, I think this should be a sticky with letters as large as baseballs):
  • as long as AnyDVD is running, any disc inserted immediately has the protection removed.
  • You don't have to "rip" in order for AnyDVD to do its magic. It happens in the background instantaneously.
this also implies: if you want to check whether AnyDVD did its job or if there is any problem with the removal of the protection, just insert the disc and launch PowerDVD. Don't rip. That's a waste of time.
Also: if you have an ISO with the protection intact, you can always just mount it and the same thing is valid: just mount and test.

You have an entirely different version of the disc - I assume, the others were retail.
I'll try to locate the problem.

Last edited:
I use AnyDVD to create the protected .iso. However, as you say, I would then leave it running in the background to test through PowerDVD (thus that's why I kept getting improper sequence, uh, duh!!). I just tried closing AnyDVD when testing the protected .iso and PowerDVD will not play, saying the "disk is protected", so, that's my answer to that item, sorry. Note: Using PC, original movie, obtained through DVDXpress, plays fine through PowerDVD with AnyDVD closed.

Sorry for confusion on my part I should know better.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Also, just tried with 8.3.7.4, no change.

08/07: now fixed. Nice work.

Last edited:
Hey Ch3vr0n, My thread is gone so I am not sure what happened. Either way I decided to restart my PC, reinstalled the beta of AnyDVD and it did not come up with errors this time. Burning now so I will let you know.

It's not gone, you should have a notification. Yours is a DVD problem, this is the blu-ray section. Different media type. Posts got split from this topic and moved into their own, in the proper section

Back