• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Liongate menus.

von edmeister 2.0

I often have problems with these menus when doing partial backups. The menu is displayed and special features work ok but selecting "play movie" always returns to the menu. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.5.0.LONG_SHOT.cbdlog
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
I often have problems with these menus when doing partial backups. The menu is displayed and special features work ok but selecting "play movie" always returns to the menu. I would appreciate any help. Thanks
This is a protection problem, you have to post an AnyDVD log file. (Lionsgate usually have Screen Pass protection)

This is a protection problem, you have to post an AnyDVD log file. (Lionsgate usually have Screen Pass protection)

Here is the file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.7.3_Info_F_LONG_SHOT_EA6B8BC3_8C1C5793.ziplog
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Thanks - can you please try AnyDVD beta 8.3.7.4?

...also moved this to the AnyDVD section.

Thanks - can you please try AnyDVD beta 8.3.7.4?
Sorry Pete, beta 8.3.7.4 was same problem of connection to main movie in menu was broken. I tried full copy backup and menu worked properly.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.7.4_Info_H_LONG_SHOT_EA6B8BC3_8C1C5793.ziplog
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Sorry Pete, beta 8.3.7.4 was same problem of connection to main movie in menu was broken. I tried full copy backup and menu worked properly.
I'm confused. So did it work or didn't it work?

I'm confused. So did it work or didn't it work?
The menu functions properly in complete copy mode but in partial copy mode if any clip is omitted then the link to the main menu is broken and always returns to the menu after about 15 seconds of black screen. Also the chapter selection in menu does the same but the special features play normally using menu. This is the same with both Anydvd betas. Lionsgate menus do not show the short empty black clips required in other menus. I am trying to backup just the movie and special features and omit all the other junk (trailers, intro clips) and often have this problem with Lion's menus.

Last edited:
Don't know why this was moved out of the clonebd forum, as the rip of lionsgate discs as of 8.4.8.2(beta) appears to be fine on muliple recent releases; and they are all screen pass btw, and play the main movie and all extras with junk.

But removal of any 'junk' with clonebd 1.2.8.1 (newest release) doesn't play the main movie. So maybe it might be the rip but I'd highly doubt it. Again, I've confirmed this error on multiple recent lionsgate releases whereas older ones (with or without screen pass although one has to go pretty far back for those) had no problem processing.

Fyi just noticed a new beta 1.2.8.4 clonebd, doesn't play the main movie either.

Last edited:
Don't know why this was moved out of the clonebd forum
Because it's not a CloneBD issue.
You will see the same thing happening with any tool that changes certain parts of the disc structure - simply because remnants of Screen Pass are still intact.
CloneBD can't do anything about that, copy protections are not its domain.

Tried burning a rewritable of the raw RIP, and it starts but stalls right at the beginning before any of the warnings so you're absolutely correct. What's bizarre (to me) is that both all the s/w and hardware streamer players I have play it without any problems, so those players aren't emulating 'real' disc players exactly, they must all be ignoring something in the raw rip that's wrong.

Again, something in the structure of these lionsgate discs, put them back on the shelf and await a fix, you're absolutely correct.

Again, something in the structure of these lionsgate discs, put them back on the shelf and await a fix, you're absolutely correct.
Can you please post a log file from your disc?

All my machines are tied up at the moment, having been taken off line a bit for all the s/w testing the last few days. But I'll try shifting things around in the next day+ where I can use the latest 8.4.8.2beta release to generate a log file.

Okay here goes; 8.4.8.2Beta scan. Hope it gives you some idea. These rip is the one that resulted in stalling when burned 'in the raw' and attempted to play in a stand alone Sony player; could have checked in an older samsung but it's a pretty clugy machine on the best of days. But what was interesting was that s/w players seemed to have no problem and neither did h/w streamer player (that is older than the samsung so go figure).

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.8.2_Info_D_JAY_AND_SILENT_BOB_REBOOT_9EF71B8E_F0A55935.ziplog
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
This posting from well over a year ago was never acted upon. I put it and a couple other Lionsgate releases 'on the back shelf' and halted any purchases of their releases. I noted that over the past year plus several others ran into the same problems, and the usual reply was, even with log files, 'dirty disc', but never any actual fix even after folks did the 'clean and repeat' routine, even on brand new pristine discs.

But I managed to purchase a new (cheap) Lionsgate disc recently and ran into the same effect even with the latest ripping s/w, 8.5.4.0. When I can free up some time shortly I'll post a new thread.

No need if it's the same title. Just post here so @Pete can take a look

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Not the same title, I long ago figured out a work around utilizing some features of clonebd, and have used the same techniques on this new(er) disc. I rescrubed the latest purchase with my best techniques, developed over years of dealing with really dirty ebay discs, and it yielded the same result, burning to a Rewritable directly from the 8.5.4.0 rip, the disc stalls immediately upon loading (player constantly runs) but fails to load the first play file. Attempts to jump the disc to anything have not worked; the rip however is read by most s/w (and streaming h/w) players I have in my toolkit, but not acting just like the raw burned Rewritable; however, after processing and burning they act just like the raw decrypted disc. Lionsgate effect.

But CloneBD has no problem loading the decrypted disc and presenting all the bits and pieces, that's what allows some backdoor processing via CloneBD's system.

Enough already. I'll start a new thread with the latest disc and its log file.

Last edited:
Back