• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDvd 8.3.7.2 won't work on Long Shot DVD

Tpr Jeff

I can't get AnyDVD version 8.3.7.2 to work with Long Shot DVD.

Same Here for Longshot. Have tried ripping with Handbrake also tries "Rip video disc to hard disc" with anydvd straight into directory. All attempts fail.
Attached is a log file

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.7.2_Info_D_LONG_SHOT.ziplog
    874.1 KB · Views: 2
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSB0 LF00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Set your drive region and try again

I made sure the region is set to 1 United States, under Video DVD/ Setting on ANYDVD,. See snip of screen. Recreated a logfile, opened log file AnyDVD_Status.txt and it still says not set. How do I force it to be set?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 5
I removed the two bogus titles 67 & 68 both 2:08:10 from Redbox copy of Long Shot and left all remaining titles including title 64 2:04:49. AnyDvd 8.3.7.2 then worked fine. Backup copy plays fine.

I made sure the region is set to 1 United States, under Video DVD/ Setting on ANYDVD,. See snip of screen. Recreated a logfile, opened log file AnyDVD_Status.txt and it still says not set. How do I force it to be set?

That's just the anydvd software setting, not the drive region HARDWARE setting. Exit anydvd completely, then go into device manager

I removed the two bogus titles 67 & 68 both 2:08:10 from Redbox copy of Long Shot and left all remaining titles including title 64 2:04:49. AnyDvd 8.3.7.2 then worked fine. Backup copy plays fine.
So I followed Nitecruisr's advice and selected Title 64 (2:04:49)and ran handbrake again. Ran successful and was a good rip. This was the RedBox rental of handbrake used for testing. It was the bogus title that was screwing things up.

That bogus title is called a protection, and what you did was a workaround to the problem. Not an actual fix, use beta 8373

AnyDVD 8.3.7.3 solved the problem. Love this forum. Thank you very much.

Back