• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hellboy (2019) problems

kzajac

Hellboy (2019) plays out of sequence. The title (beginning) is in the middle of the ripped movie.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.7.2_Info_R_HELLBOY_43F55479_5EBF225C.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
Can You Upload The "JAR Folder" as well please I lost mine

For Region Free It Is Simple To Fix,
In "Jar Folder" Open "Projectsettings.xml" File With Any Notepad - Text Editor And Change Only This Below:-

<REGION_CHECK_REQUIRED>1</REGION_CHECK_REQUIRED> <REGION_TO_CHECK_FOR>1</REGION_TO_CHECK_FOR>

to

<REGION_CHECK_REQUIRED>0</REGION_CHECK_REQUIRED> <REGION_TO_CHECK_FOR>0</REGION_TO_CHECK_FOR>
and save it...

Last edited:
No he can't, because there's no way for you to know if his version matches yours. Using the wrong files WILL corrupt the disc structure and navigation. Besides how can you lose that directory, just rip your original disc again.

Logfiles like that are for the developers to add decryption support (in this case Screenpass). They're of no use at all to a normal user.

@Pete you're up

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hellboy (2019) plays out of sequence. The title (beginning) is in the middle of the ripped movie.
Please always say what player you're using, as it makes an enormous difference whether you're playing back on a "real" Blu-ray player (standalone, PowerDVD, WinDVD, ...) or not (VLC, ....).

In case it's a licensed blu-ray player, please try again now.

That did not work. The disc was ripped using an Asus Blu-ray player. I am playing it using PowerDVD (tried multiple versions) and also tried DVDFab Media player 5. I did rip the disc using CloneBD using the "Partial" feature, copying the movie and a number of extras. THAT movie played fine. But when I used the same CloneBD to copy the entire disc, the movie starts in the middle.

That did not work. The disc was ripped using an Asus Blu-ray player. I am playing it using PowerDVD (tried multiple versions) and also tried DVDFab Media player 5. I did rip the disc using CloneBD using the "Partial" feature, copying the movie and a number of extras. THAT movie played fine. But when I used the same CloneBD to copy the entire disc, the movie starts in the middle.
No need to rip for a test. Insert the original disc, play it with PowerDVD. Does this work? (AnyDVD running, of course).

Sooo..when I play the disc with PowerDVD and AnyDVD turned OFF, disc plays fine. When I turn on AnyDVD and play the disc with PowerDVD, it starts the movie in the middle.!

I might also mention that I tried ripping it with DVDFab, and bit played correctly. BUT, it gave the copy Warning message, so it has not been fixed as yet by them.

Make sure're you're NOT resuming playback! Restart from the beginning. If that fails, new logfile. What an alternate tool has or has not done is irrelevant here.

I merely mention that in the hopes that it might provide a clue. Of couse I did not just do a resume. Did it on 2 different machines, same result.

in that case, new logfile from the original disc or protected image is needed

Out of curiosity is there an update for the dvd version of this because when it is scanned with anydvd it because it only gives 13% for the quality and still has 3 separate movie listings on clonedvd ? And when you unselect preserve menus it only jumps up to 15%

Nevermind my question, as I just found the update for this issue and sorry for the dumb question!

I'm having the same problem with the movie playing out of sequence. Here's my log.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.7.2_Info_E_HELLBOY_43F55479_672E78A1.ziplog
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
@Kilzadi How are you playing back and with what. According to the log your disc is handled just fine. Java BD protection good playlists: 377

Sorry about that. I'm playing it back with PowerDVD 12.0.3519.58. I tried MPC-HC v1.7.13 and it played the scenes in the correct order, but it had issues decoding the audio so I couldn't hear anything. I tried VLC 3.0.7.1 and it also played back in the correct order, but audio was just stereo. PowderDVD is the only app I've ever used that played multi-channel audio correctly.

Edit: I turned on Speedmenu's and the move then plays fine under PowerDVD. As kzajac observed, it doesn't work when you try to play the entire disc, but a partial rip seems to work.

Last edited:
Well since you say playback is in the correct order, it's not an anydvd issue.

Looks to me like perhaps that 'old' version is not powerful enough or up to date to properly play it. Maybe trial a more recent version

In regards to vlc's audio, that's not surprising at all. It's not a licensed player, so even having video with stereo is pretty much being lucky.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks @Ch3vr0n. Since Speedmenu's seem to get it to play the movie under my old version of PowerDVD with multi-channel audio I'm satisfied with that as a solution. This version is so old it can't even play the DVD without AnyDVD running in the background. I'll upgrade eventually but as long as it works and I can watch movies I'm fine with old software. I am curious to see what solution resolves kzajac's problems since this is the first disc where this has happened and probably won't be the last.

I'm going to interject here. I believe there is actually an AnyDVD issue. It's not just an old version of PowerDVD problem. The issue with improper playback when retaining full menus happens with PowerDVD 18, PowerDVD 19, JRiver Media Center, DVDFab Player, etc. If you use speedmenus then it seems to work fine. At least one program that doesn't support menus at all also worked fine and automatically played playlist 377 correctly.

Using BDInfo the first m2ts that should be played for playlist 377 is m2ts 507. Checking m2ts 507, yes, this is correct. AnyDVD is using playlist 377 so it's all cool, right? Not quite. When retaining full menus the transition doesn't start playing m2ts 507 like it should. Instead is begins playing m2ts 509. Why? No idea.

Back