• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Verbatim DataLifePlus

steve61617

Meritline has the 100 Pack Verbatim (94854) 8X DVD-R White Inkjet Hub Printable on sale with free shipping. If the picture is right they are made in Singapore. Would these be by MCC,CMC or Prodise and wuold they be better then ones from Taiwan?

Meritline has the 100 Pack Verbatim (94854) 8X DVD-R White Inkjet Hub Printable on sale with free shipping. If the picture is right they are made in Singapore. Would these be by MCC,CMC or Prodise and wuold they be better then ones from Taiwan?

If they are made in Singapore, they should be MCC. CMC and Prodisc are made in Taiwan.

Thank you Webslinger Ifig. you would know. I would asume the MCC made ones would be better right?

MCC is supposed to be better, yes. I haven't had my hands on any of the single layers for about a year, so at this point I can only really hazard a good guess.

The Datalife series is subcontracted.

Datalife Plus use to be the really good stuff (Mitsubishi or Taiyo Yuden), but that's not always the case anymore.

If they are made in Singapore, they should be MCC. CMC and Prodisc are made in Taiwan.
I just purchased a 100PK spindle of the Verbatim DVD's. Label reads made in Taiwan. I checked a blank disc with the program called DVD IDENTIFIER, downloaded from Softpedia.com. The manufacturer ID: reads MCC.

I just purchased a 100PK spindle of the Verbatim DVD's. Label reads made in Taiwan. I checked a blank disc with the program called DVD IDENTIFIER, downloaded from Softpedia.com. The manufacturer ID: reads MCC.

If it's made in Taiwan, it's just an MCC code that's allowed to be used (likely by CMC when it's sold under Verbatim's name) by Verbatim. Mitsubishi's plant is in Singapore. So, what you have is not the really, really good stuff, which is hard to find anyway now.

If it's made in Taiwan, it's made by Prodisc or CMC. I haven't heard of Prodisc using the MCC code (but I suppose it's possible). If they're made in India, they are made by Moser Baer. If it's made in Singapore, then it's made by Verbatim (Mitsubishi's plant); some people refer to this as "real" Verbatim.

Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2589

Last edited:
I thought Singapore only made their DL discs?

I thought Singapore only made their DL discs?
The ones from Singapore are the best, but they also make them in India and Taiwan. Just the D/L discs now, all the S/L discs shoud be Made in Taiwan for the good ones, although some MII are good also.

The ones from Singapore are the best, but they also make them in India and Taiwan.

I don't believe any Verbatim +R DLs are being made in Taiwan. Regular single layer discs, yes.

all the S/L discs shoud be Made in Taiwan

Some of the 8x single layers were made in Singapore. In the U.S., it's a little trickier finding Made in Singapore single layer discs.

Last edited:
I understand that. But steve61617 said:

I'm saying that I didn't know Singapore made single layer discs. I thought they only made DL Verbatim discs.

No. They also made single layer 8x discs, but they tend not to be found in most general stores in North America (probably old stock).

I'm not sure if single layer media is still made in Singapore, but it once was.

Last edited:
No. They also made single layer discs, but they tend not to be found in most general stores in North America.
The only Verb S/L Discs I have ever seen here in the USA were MIT. Either Prodisc or CMC but all made in Taiwan.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The only Verb S/L Discs I have ever seen here in the USA were MIT. Either Prodisc or CMC but all made in Taiwan.;)

Yeah, most in the U.S. are MIT.

Well, perhaps I should clarify. Some 8x blank dvds (single layer) were made in Singapore.

Last edited:
Back