• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD doesn't work with Nero Showtime 4

Rathbone80

I cannot play back any HD-DVD in the new Nero Showtime 4 while AnyDVD HD is enabled. Any Chance you Slysoft guys can fix that?

Btw. Showtime 4 downrezzes analog connections to 540p.

I cannot play back any HD-DVD in the new Nero Showtime 4 while AnyDVD HD is enabled. Any Chance you Slysoft guys can fix that?
Don't know. I don't have Nero Showtime 4 (and to be honest, looking at the performance of previous ShowTime versions, I am not keen on getting it)

and it still needs a seperate plugin to play back blu-ray according to their site

Nero 8 with Showtime 4 is not even released yet on their website. They claim and Oct1st release for V8.0.3.0.;)

Some people have managed to 'buy' copies apparently

How? All I see are preorders? Oh, nevermind. You're using "buy" in some manner I'm not accustomed to.;)

Yes, I believe so.

Thats only for the multi-language version. The single language version is only 171mbs. I think?:doh:

From what I saw but did not touch the size of it looks over 1 gig. Why it's so large is beyond me. Of course, since the software hasn't been officially released I suppose it's possible it wasn't in a nice compressed installer.

Edit: I haven't seen the single language package. I hope you are correct!

Last edited:

In what way don't they play?

i believe some best buy locations released it early. thats my understanding at least.

i recall that the cd image for nero 7 retail was also 700 mb, because of all the languages.

i believe some best buy locations released it early. thats my understanding at least.

If that's true that's a bit sad. I think existing users should have gotten it before Best Buy did. Ah well.

i recall that the cd image for nero 7 retail was also 700 mb, because of all the languages.

Good point. I had forgotten about that.

First, I have a beta version of Nero 8, but will upgrade from Nero 7 for sure (Not for Showtime but for its burning features). HD-Plugin from Nero 7 works for Nero 8!

I did some more testing:

The Island (HD-DVD):

- analog no AnyDVD => plays with 540p
- digital no AnyDVD => black screen, time counter runs.
- analog AnyDVD / digital AnyDVD => screen gets black for a second (tries to play) then stops playback.

Brotherhood of Wolves (HD-DVD):

AnyDVD HD-DVD options: Everything unchecked except HD-DVD capability

- analog no AnyDVD => plays with 540p
- analog AnyDVD => screen gets black, time counter runs. Have to manually switch between the titles, then sometimes I can get the movie to start with 1080p or at least access the menu. Sometimes Showtime simply crashes. Haven't tried digital connection yet.

I know Showtime is a pain in the a$$, but it is the only playback software which plays the Brotherhood of Wolves and other 2nd wave Studio Canal titles with English subs. PowerDVD Ultra still cannot do that!

Last edited:
If it's only a beta then I don't see how you can expect the guys here to even think of looking at it yet. Also it looks like it doesn't play back your stuff with or without Anydvd running, I've tried the new showtime from version 8 and it plays back my copy of Land of the Dead with no problems thru the DVI out to my screen. (but wouldn't even play back any full HD-dvd's until I installed my plugin from the previous version, and still won't play back BDMV Blu-ray's)

I know Showtime is a pain in the a$$, but it is the only playback software which plays the Brotherhood of Wolves and other 2nd wave Studio Canal titles with English subs. PowerDVD Ultra still cannot do that!
Did you contact Cyberlink and told them about this problem?

Ok, I will wait for the final version, but there is definitely a difference between playback with or without AnyDVD. Without AnyDVD every HD-DVD I tested runs over an analog connection with 540p. But when I run AnyDVD some work with heavy issues and some simply do not work. I think Slysoft should investigate some time to look after this! I mean AnyDVD HD wasn't cheap and it would be a big disappointment if the guys will not look into the Showtime issues (when it is released officially).

Did you contact Cyberlink and told them about this problem?

Yes and not only once. After every patch that didn't fix the problem. And every time they said that they will look into it. I hope the Arcsoft player will be released soon, so I can get rid of both PowerDVD and Showtime.

I mean AnyDVD HD wasn't cheap and it would be a big disappointment if the guys will not look into the Showtime issues (when it is released officially).
We will...

Back