• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error with Ghost in the Shell Bluray

simon_lefisch

Hey everyone,

I finally broke down and purchased the lifetime license after using the trial a while ago. Anyway, I get an error message when scanning my Ghost in the Shell bluray (not UHD, see attached screenshot). Everything works fine when I insert my Rogue One or Captain Marvel bluray so not sure what the issue would be. Also Tried Bumblebee and the same issue. I attached the log file for Ghost in the Shell and Bumblebee since it showed the same as the screenshot.

Btw, this is a Region 1 disc and I am using a Windows 10 KVM.

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 3.25.41 PM.png

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.7.0_Info_D_Bumblebee.ziplog
    225 KB · Views: 5
  • AnyDVD_8.3.7.0_Info_D_Ghost_in_the_Shell.ziplog
    185.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I finally broke down and purchased the lifetime license after using the trial a while ago. Anyway, I get an error message when scanning my Ghost in the Shell bluray (not UHD, see attached screenshot). Everything works fine when I insert my Rogue One or Captain Marvel bluray so not sure what the issue would be. Also Tried Bumblebee and the same issue. I attached the log file for Ghost in the Shell and Bumblebee since it showed the same as the screenshot.
The KVM seems to be the problem.
It virtualizes the drive, but not correctly - rather not entirely (the required commands for authentication are not implemented, so they don't reach the drive).

It's a problem, because those discs (as do nearly all recent titles) require bus encryption and your drive supports it. So it encrypts the data before it gets passed on to the host.
AnyDVD wants to decrypt, but the communication fails.

If you had an older BD drive, that doesn't support bus encryption, it would work.

Or - maybe someone who has more experience with your specific VM can say how to make the drive virtualization function properly, possibly with something as simple as a driver update.

It virtualizes the drive, but not correctly - rather not entirely (the required commands for authentication are not implemented, so they don't reach the drive).
Code:
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS40 1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: free
It seems that several commands are not forwarded correctly.

Code:
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS40 1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: free
It seems that several commands are not forwarded correctly.

It's a problem, because those discs (as do nearly all recent titles) require bus encryption and your drive supports it. So it encrypts the data before it gets passed on to the host.
AnyDVD wants to decrypt, but the communication fails.

If you had an older BD drive, that doesn't support bus encryption, it would work.

Or - maybe someone who has more experience with your specific VM can say how to make the drive virtualization function properly, possibly with something as simple as a driver update.

It seems you are both correct. I tried the same disc on my Windows 7 VirtualBox VM and the disc is able to be read. Kind of a bummer, but someone can help me setup the drive on my Windows 10 KVM properly as you suggested (trying to move away from VirtualBox).

Thanks to you both for bringing that to my attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back