• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AACS MKB v71

Temp stickying this until the next beta/release

Should only really, really smart people know what this means......;)

It means new discs are supported essentially. There's more to it than that in that a newer mkb will update your drive and invalidate certain keys making decrypting even older discs not work until anydvd is updated. Fun game huh? Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It means new discs are supported essentially. There's more to it than that in that a newer mkb will update your drive and invalidate certain keys making decrypting even older discs not work until anydvd is updated. Fun game huh? Lol

Everything about ripping disks is fun! lol

I figured out that "MKB" is "media key block" but don't understand how this fits into the AnyDVD-HD ecosystem. Will there be some sort of explanation of all this for the dummies in the room? Anything I should or should not do in the interim?

Everything about ripping disks is fun! lol

I figured out that "MKB" is "media key block" but don't understand how this fits into the AnyDVD-HD ecosystem. Will there be some sort of explanation of all this for the dummies in the room? Anything I should or should not do in the interim?
No and no. Nothing you need to worry about. Just download the beta and have fun.

Yup, exactly what James said. It's nothing to worry about at all. When a new MKB is released into the wild, grab the latest version of AnyDVD and you're good to go.

I have the latest stable. I haven't tried to rip a UHD in a few weeks, but it was working then and worked yesterday just fine on an older Blu-Ray. I'll look for the latest beta if I encounter issues in the near future.

Thanks for humoring my ignorance!

You won't likely have any issues. It's only when the MKB version changes on a new disc that you may run into an error message in AnyDVD. 99% of users will never encounter this issue and the fix is just update AnyDVD when there's a new version. So, I really wouldn't worry about this at all.

Back