• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD Output: Can't navigate from Menu to Movie

testiles

UHD Guru
One of my biggest gripes is the junk they put on discs that you have to go through before you can even get to the Menu.
AnyDVD's "remove video sequences shorter than" feature helps remove a lot of that on Blu Rays but usually can't help for long movie trailer sequences (unless you want to remove Extra features as well).
So if you can't bypass leading trailers by pressing Top Menu or Popup Menu, I use CloneBD to remove them.
Unfortunately 20-25% of the time, in the CloneBD-created folder, the Main Menu is the first thing to display but now you cannot get to the movie itself.
I've been running into this for quite some time and finally decided to ask for help. The latest example is with Uncle Drew.
All I'm doing in CloneBD is creating a Partial Copy folder from a protected .iso of Uncle Drew and removing the 8-minute 45-second Title that has the previews.
Playing the resultant folder immediately displays the Main Menu, but clicking "Play Movie" brings you right back to the Main Menu. Same with going to "Scenes" and picking Scene 1. Picking Scene 2 results in a black screen.
Yes, I have made sure to check the Main Movie during Selection and in fact the only thing not selected is the one Title with the previews.
Help!
Including the AnyDVD and CloneBD logs...

EDIT: Playing the CloneBD folder in PDVD 17.

T

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.9.0_Info_J_UNCLE_DREW_77158CE4_206DBCB1.ziplog
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • CloneBD.1.2.2.0.UNCLE_DREW.cbdlog
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
For anyone interested:

Pete discovered that the root cause of this problem was not CloneBD after all but some Screen Pass remnants getting past AnyDVD.

I tested his fix and it looks great.

I would guess the fix will be in the next AnyDVD release (we're currently at 8.2.9.0).

Kudos to Pete for some outstanding "detective" work in tracking the culprit down!

T

It's been a while, but I have the issue coming up again with creating CloneBD output that won't navigate from the Main Menu to the movie itself.

This time it's Cold Pursuit.

I had the issue using the original disc but began using a protected .iso to run subsequent tests and tweak things in CloneBD trying to get good output.

So the final tests use a protected .iso.

In CloneBD, selecting "Create folder/...", "Partial Copy", then (for testing) selecting everything -- all titles, audio, subtitles.

On next screen, "Create folder", no compression, "Maintain original menu", "Original Audio".

In the resultant folder, you can get to the Main Menu, but clicking "Play Movie" leads you right back to the Main Menu.

Selecting Scene 1 does the same.

Selecting Scene 2 leads to black screen and the movie freezes.

@Pete , do you think this could be another issue where Screen Pass got past AnyDVD?

Attaching the AnyDVD and CloneBD logs....

T

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.5.1_Info_J_COLD_PURSUIT_2A26B052_7B21E137.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • CloneBD.1.2.4.12.COLD_PURSUIT.cbdlog
    3 MB · Views: 0
It's been a while, but I have the issue coming up again with creating CloneBD output that won't navigate from the Main Menu to the movie itself.

This time it's Cold Pursuit.

I had the issue using the original disc but began using a protected .iso to run subsequent tests and tweak things in CloneBD trying to get good output.

So the final tests use a protected .iso.

In CloneBD, selecting "Create folder/...", "Partial Copy", then (for testing) selecting everything -- all titles, audio, subtitles.

On next screen, "Create folder", no compression, "Maintain original menu", "Original Audio".

In the resultant folder, you can get to the Main Menu, but clicking "Play Movie" leads you right back to the Main Menu.

Selecting Scene 1 does the same.

Selecting Scene 2 leads to black screen and the movie freezes.

@Pete , do you think this could be another issue where Screen Pass got past AnyDVD?

Attaching the AnyDVD and CloneBD logs....

T
Please be so kind to use AnyDVD 8.3.5.2

Tried with 8.3.5.2 but unfortunately got same results.

No joy!

T

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.5.2_Info_J_COLD_PURSUIT_2A26B052_7B21E137.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • CloneBD.1.2.4.12.COLD_PURSUIT.cbdlog
    3 MB · Views: 1
Forgot to mention back in May that Cold Pursuit was fixed in AnyDVD shortly after that post...

Now have a new title with the same issue, A Madea Family Funeral.

As before, Partial Copy made in CloneBD doesn't navigate to the movie.

Attached AnyDVD and CloneBD logfiles.

T

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.6.0_Info_J_A_MADEA_FAMILY_FUNERAL_17263DAA_6FC53925.ziplog
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • CloneBD.1.2.5.0.A_MADEA_FAMILY_FUNERAL.cbdlog
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
This - again - is not CloneBD, but Screen Pass.

and if you don't know screenpass, its a protection mechanism. Which means it's an anydvd problem and not a clonebd one. CloneBD just encodes "faulty" disc because anydvd hadn't decrypted it properly.

Now have a new title with the same issue, A Madea Family Funeral.
Does the disc play right, without having copied it using CloneBD?
The original disc with AnyDVD active, played back on PowerDVD?

This - again - is not CloneBD, but Screen Pass.
and if you don't know screenpass, its a protection mechanism. Which means it's an anydvd problem and not a clonebd one. CloneBD just encodes "faulty" disc because anydvd hadn't decrypted it properly.
Does the disc play right, without having copied it using CloneBD?
The original disc with AnyDVD active, played back on PowerDVD?

Hi guys.

I know in the past the root cause always comes back to AnyDVD and ScreenPass, but the symptom only shows up in CloneBD.

Pete you had indicated that not getting to the movie from the Menu in CloneBD-created folders could be symptomatic of many things, so I didn't immediately assume this is the same issue as before...

Madea...Funeral seems to play fine but I've only spot-checked beginning, middle, end and Bonus Features, ie haven't watched the movie through yet.

I'll sit and watch some of it today to see if there's a problem with the movie playing out of order.

Hope watching the protected .iso is ok 'cause the disc is not here now...

T

Last edited:
@Pete, movie definitely has ScreenPass still in effect!

Went to black at :23.

Got it to start again but now seems to be playing out of sequence, randomly jumping between scenes.

Either that or this Tyler Perry movie makes absolutely no sense (lol).

T

The problem here then is that you created that protected ISO while anydvd didn't know how to properly remove the encryption, so the damage is done. @Pete is the data for this one in the OPD? If so @testiles you'll need to REMAKE that (protected ISO)

The problem here then is that you created that protected ISO while anydvd didn't know how to properly remove the encryption, so the damage is done. @Pete is the data for this one in the OPD? If so @testiles you'll need to REMAKE that (protected ISO)
No, protected iso should be fine for screenpass removal.

Ch3vron, protected .iso's have been ok for the ScreenPass issues I ran into in the past.

When the problem was fixed and I mounted them, they decrypted again and, at that point, worked.

It's unprotected .iso's that would need remaking since their decryption has been done already and is "frozen in place", so to speak.

T

I moved this to the AnyDVD section.

Got it to start again but now seems to be playing out of sequence, randomly jumping between scenes.
Can you please check now again - the reason why I asked you about PowerDVD playing correctly was so that we can test without having to make a copy every time. So just the original disc with AnyDVD running.

Hey Pete.

I moved this to the AnyDVD section.

Ah, so every time there is an issue getting to the Main Menu with CloneBD folders it will always be a Screen Pass problem?

Ok, good to know.

Can you please check now again - the reason why I asked you about PowerDVD playing correctly was so that we can test without having to make a copy every time. So just the original disc with AnyDVD running.

Makes sense.

I'll try to watch the movie again later tonight.

But it'll have to be with the protected .iso.

I actually wish there was a way to test without watching the movie (but know there's not)...

... I make a lot of backups and re-edit a lot of DVD's and Blu-Rays but rarely seem to have time to actually sit and watch any of them (lol).

It explains maybe why I only discover this problem in CloneBD - I haven't watched the movie but in "re-authoring" it Screen Pass rears its ugly head.

Will let you know if the movie now plays properly maybe later today but no later than tomo....

T

Pete,

I didn't watch the movie yet but I re-created the CloneBD Partial Copy while doing other things.

Still can't get to the movie from the Menu.

I made sure to use the protected .iso, which decrypted in real-time, then made new CloneBD output from that.

Actually now that I think of it, this wasn't the usual "select-all" that I normally do for testing, but the real "edited" output.

Let me do a select-all Partial Copy to make sure the problem is not with Title removal this time around....

T

No, not working yet.

Select-all output can't get to the movie either.

T

@Pete ,

I got a chance to try to watch Madea...Funeral today and yes, it's still playing out of sequence and fading to black after 25 minutes or so.

AnyDVD says it's using Playlist 885 I believe.

Here's a logfile created again today in case that's in any way helpful.

T

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.6.0_Info_J_A_MADEA_FAMILY_FUNERAL_17263DAA_6FC53925.ziplog
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Back