• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Kind of a reverse subject but....

rmbrewer

Is there an easy way to copy protect a disc I am making for just certain people? I know that is kind of the opposite of what we talk about here but just wondering.

Pretty much any data can be encrypted. What type disc are you needing? ROM, movie, CD or what?

Pretty much any data can be encrypted. What type disc are you needing? ROM, movie, CD or what?

DVD +R. It really isn't a big deal but I got screwed out of video services I did for an organization and I did another event and just thought about it. I did not encrypt anything but thought about it. Especially when you lose $3,000.00 and the head of the organization just ignores you. But you live and learn every day. Thanks for your response.

Probably easier to distribute your stuff by USB drive and make them password protected. But that doesn't stop someone with the password from copying.

Is there an easy way to copy protect a disc I am making for just certain people? I know that is kind of the opposite of what we talk about here but just wondering.
I have a better idea.... People who have online maps (or maps in general), they add in small streets that don't exist so that if they show up on a competitor's map, they know their data was stolen. :)

When I lived out in NJ, I knew of one road that was on our map that was no longer there and showed up on no one else's map but one site's.

So put a small watermark somewhere where they can't see it and can't mask it without ruining the picture. If someone steals it, you have verifiable proof they stole your video if you record it in the copyright you can file for relatively cheap.

Just make it hard to detect but easy to demonstrate and prove.

Oh well then the OP needs a consumer copy protection. There are a few to choose from that one can get here:

https://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_3.shtml

Yeah, you're right.

Hey, I didn't realize there was "consumer" copy protection. Good find, StoneyJSG!

The "protector" product I see on the link page looks promising. But I think it only protects CD's.

If he can find the equivalent of this for DVD's, he'll be in business.

T

No problem! I am not sure there is one DVD. He could try the CD protections I dropped the link to on a DVD and see if it works. Where is the OP anyway? Seems only testile and me are posting here.

No problem! I am not sure there is one DVD. He could try the CD protections I dropped the link to on a DVD and see if it works. Where is the OP anyway? Seems only testile and me are posting here.

Lol!

I think he may have lost interest.

StoneyJSG, I guess we can consider this done.

Good looking out brother.

T

Yep, case closed. No problem, I try to help when I can.

Back