• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

John Wick Chapter 2 - scrambled playlist not detected.

Richard T Perry

Trying to convert John Wick 2 has turned into a weird challenge that's teaching me a lot about this process.

My "normal" workflow is Disc -> AnyDVD -> Copy folders to disk -> Handbrake -> MP4.

Worked great for DVD's. I'm having the "scrambled playlist - you hacked my disc" problem referred to in the FAQ. So, I've tried CloneBD to transcode (no difference) and using AnyDVD to copy directly to disc as recommended, and then Handbrake (no different.) Both methods show hundreds of possible titles (presumably all but one is bogus.)

Thing is that I see mentions on this forum to "use the playlist that AnyDVD tells you to." I don't get any message to that effect (see attached screen shot.)

Capture1.PNG

Also, log file attached.

Is this just a case of my being a noob to BD discs (I've only done about a dozen or so) or is it something specific to the copy protection of this disc?

FWIW, I bought this disc as part of a 2-disc set at my local Walrus Emporium Market - the original John Wick disc decoded flawlessly.

Thanks in advance for this one. I'm trying to learn....

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.5.0_Info_E_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2_594B1285_38B0D7A2.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
It's quite simply because that disc wasn't handled, yet.
Please try again - CloneBD should show the correct playlist only (with Handbrake, the bets are off - especially, because I think Handbrake renumbers playlists).

Yup, read and tried, but in this case (see the screenshot) I'm not seeing where AnyDVD provides the "correct" playlist. Or am I missing it?

As Pete suggested, I retried it and got a "good playlist" - I've attached another screenshot for those like me who might be wondering on this point.

Capture2.PNG

Ok, so the way I understand it, I can now use the number given in CloneBD (and not rpt not Handbrake) and burn a copy to mp3 etc. right?

Thanks for the help, folks!

Ok, so the way I understand it, I can now use the number given in CloneBD (and not rpt not Handbrake) and burn a copy to mp3 etc. right?
Yes, CloneBD should be auto-selecting 440 automatically and hide the bad ones.

Back