• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping more than 1 DVD at a time?

dbminter

I've read in other posts that it's possible to use AnyDVD in multiple instances to rip DVD's from more than 1 optical drive at a time. I've not tried this out myself, but if it's possible, I was wondering something.

With some boxed sets, like in particular TV seasons, discs can have the same internal disc label on all the discs in the set. If you had such a set and tried to rip more than 1 of these discs at the same time, it probably wouldn't be possible, right? Since AnyDVD saves the DVD output to a folder (File extract) or an ISO with the disc label name, the multiple instances of AnyDVD would be trying to save to the same file/folder, which would be fatal for the desired outputs.

Anyway, that's my guess, but is it correct? :) Thanks!

I've read in other posts that it's possible to use AnyDVD in multiple instances to rip DVD's from more than 1 optical drive at a time. I've not tried this out myself, but if it's possible, I was wondering something.

With some boxed sets, like in particular TV seasons, discs can have the same internal disc label on all the discs in the set. If you had such a set and tried to rip more than 1 of these discs at the same time, it probably wouldn't be possible, right? Since AnyDVD saves the DVD output to a folder (File extract) or an ISO with the disc label name, the multiple instances of AnyDVD would be trying to save to the same file/folder, which would be fatal for the desired outputs.

Actually you specify where to save the folder or iso so you are able to do more than 1. I have done 3 at a time and put hem in separate folders. you have to select rip video to disk or rip to image for each drive your using.

Hi dbminter.

Like Marty said, if ripping to folder you can specify where you want to put the folder, so you can direct each title's folder to a different library, if you need to.

But if ripping to .iso, it's even easier because you can name the .iso anything you like.

EDIT: Just realized this is under the DVD section....

For DVDs, it's recommended to use the rip to folder function.

So you'd have to just rip the individual disc folders with the same name to different Destination Directories (then rename them and move them to one directory after if you want).

T

Last edited:
Yep. Or using elby CloneDVD 2 for folder or iso. And for multiple DVDs in parallel, use multiple CloneDVD instances.

Nice!

Never thought about (or knew you could) run parallel CloneDVD's.

T

It actually never occurred to me to just change the target folder output field for each instance. I don't change the target folder at all because I rip one at a time and I don't have to worry about changing it.

Back