• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't crack all CSS keys

little_marco

I am a lifetime user of AnyDVD HD from Slysoft.

Last week I bought a lifetime licence from RedFox.

I am converting my DVD collection to .iso .

However, just like in the old Slysoft, some discs give the error in the subject.

This happened today with Valkyrie and Spartacus (two-disc special edition) both in Portuguese.

AnyDVD says my external LG drive is set to region 0 ("not set") and suggests changing it, but Windows 10 says it is set to 2 (Europe).

See log files.

Thank you!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.5.0_Info_F_VALKYRIE.ziplog
    174.5 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.3.5.0_Info_F_SPARTACUS_G9.ziplog
    132.2 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.3.5.0_Info_F_SPARTACUS_DISC_2.ziplog
    192.4 KB · Views: 0
Set your drive region code. Exit AnyDVD first.

@James

In this main machine I exited the old AnyDVD HD from Slysoft and went to Windows properties of the drive and it said it was not set, now I set it to region 2.

Tomorrow morning I will try converting again to .iso the films in the other laptop that has AnyDVD HD from Redfox.

Thank you, James!

One tip: if you're converting your DVD's to ISO, either rip them to the hard drive, then convert to ISO, using stuff like DVDShrink, or use CloneDVD in tandem with AnyDVD.

The reason why is explained in my Signature below.

:)

One tip: if you're converting your DVD's to ISO, either rip them to the hard drive, then convert to ISO, using stuff like DVDShrink, or use CloneDVD in tandem with AnyDVD.

The reason why is explained in my Signature below.

:)

Hello!

Will Nero Express do the job? I can select it to copy to a virtual drive in .iso format.

So far, from the around 10 DVDs I converted, only one had structural protection.

Thank you.

Nero is even worse than dvdshrink. IMGBurn is far superior and the best option after the iso function in CloneDVD.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
Plus, IMGBurn is free, just like DVDSHRINK, if you don't want to buy CloneDVD.

However, I have all 3 apps-along with AnyDVD- in my toolbox to handle DVD'S.

@James

Done!

€31,21 won't make me poorer.

I will install it today afternoon or tomorrow morning since I am currently converting an MP4 to MKV on the other laptop.

Set your drive region code. Exit AnyDVD first.
@James

Could that be added to the text that appears in the pop-up window?

I know it should be obvious but I didn't have a clue about it and I am sure that most people won't probably know it too.

I'm getting this error.
DVD is the newly released "GLASS" video.
DVD player has been set to Region 1 since forever.
Thoughts?
Thanks,
J

I'm getting this error.
DVD is the newly released "GLASS" video.
DVD player has been set to Region 1 since forever.
Thoughts?
Thanks,
J
Set your drive region. EXIT AnyDVD before checking or setting the drive. An AnyDVD log would be helpful also anytime you have an issue with a disc.

I would actually prefer, if AnyDVD could do the change for you.
Is there a technical issue with Windows that wouldn't allow you/AnyDVD making the setting change?

As you say it sure would be nice to have AnyDVD do the change, with the user's permission.

Thanks.
I verified the region was set to 1 (again) without AnyDVD running .It was.
I was getting ready to capture an AnyDVD Log.
Reinserted the DVD with AnyDVD running and (of course) I did not get the error this time.
Not sure why I got it once maybe the drive is going wonky on me?
At any rate I can't recreate the issue.
Thanks all.
J
PS. Since DVD regions can only be set a limited number of times I think I would prefer a program
not change it without my permission. I can see a program bug resetting the region unnecessarily
a few times and render the drive less useful if it ends up on a Region that is not what I wanted.
FWIW

Is there a technical issue with Windows that wouldn't allow you/AnyDVD making the setting change?
No. The reasons for not letting AnyDVD do this yet are:
1.) My lazyness.
2.) Confusion. I am not sure, when to ask the user to set the drive region, and how often. Always on region mismatch? Only when failing to crack CSS? What about users who have set their region, but watch foreign films from time to time? How to design the dialog box? What to do, if permitted changes are exhausted? What texts to display? "If you want to copy the main movie only, you do not need to change the region ..."
"Are you watching Region 1 discs freqeuntly? Or is this a foreign disc for you?"
3.) If all is up and running, it should never be changed again, as the texts need to be translated into 40 languages.
4.) A PITA to test. After 5 changes a test drive is toast, as the change limit is reached.
5.) I am scared to accidently toast user's drives.

Back