• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Q: Is it normal for decrypted BD ISOs to be smaller than original ISO?

DarthRay

I have several BD ISOs that I ripped with 'keep protection' enabled a while ago. Yesterday I batch re-ripped them to remove the protection. What I noticed was that the resulting decrypted ISOs are always 2048 bytes smaller than the original ones. I haven't checked the decrypted ISO content yet as that will take a while.

Is that expected?

Thanks!

I have several BD ISOs that I ripped with 'keep protection' enabled a while ago. Yesterday I batch re-ripped them to remove the protection. What I noticed was that the resulting decrypted ISOs are always 2048 bytes smaller than the original ones. I haven't checked the decrypted ISO content yet as that will take a while.

Is that expected?

Thanks!
This would be better answered in the AnyDVD Bluray section versus the AnyDVD DVD section.

Argh! My bad. :( This was supposed to be posted on the BD forum. Please disregard, I'll post there.

Is that expected?

Thanks!
No.
How did you mount the image?

Please try elby Virtual CloneDrive. Yes, it has a command line interface, too.

Confirmed that the resulting ISO has the same size as the original when using Virtual CloneDrive. Go figure. Any idea why this is happening with the native ISO support?

Thanks for the tip.

Back