• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error while copying "Tower Of Death"

Zeegratar

Hi, everyone!

I get this error message while rippning this Bruce Lee movie. The disc is perfect, no hair lines or scratches, but I get the same message each time I try. It also fails when analyzing the disc in "DVD Shrink". Any ideas here?

AnyDVD-error.png

I can add that the disc is R2 (Norwegian) and I'm using the latest version: 8.3.5.0.

Here it is!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.5.0_Info_E_DVDVolume.ziplog
    128.8 KB · Views: 3
Find that hard to believe. Tried with two different drives, and every other disc works just fine.
That should be your proof right there that is a defective disc! If the disc fails to read in multiple drives, while those drives read other discs fine, then it's a dirty/defective disc plain and simple.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

@Zeegratar
try to gently clean the dirt and try it again but when James says the disc is defective it will be right

Like I said, the disc is perferctly fine. It's like new. It plays correct in my DVD player. However, it fails when it comes to ripping the film. Plain and simple.

Attachments

• dvd.jpg
    dvd.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 5
1) It's Any dvd (very unlikely but possible).

2) It's a new protection

3) Your disc was messed up in the master pressing process which will cause errors (mostly to do with blu ray, but I imagine can happen with dvd discs too).

4) It's your programs acting up. Try using Any DVD with Clone DVD to burn a 1:1 disc copy.

5) Some of the above (disregarding number 1 because I doubt it's any dvd causing the issue) or a mix of

Just because it looks fine and plays fine does NOT mean it's fine for ripping.

You may for example have one watched the main movie and the problem area is in special features. Thus you wouldn't have seen the error. Anydvd can't rip just a titleset or part of a disc. It rips everything or nothing at all

The humanb eye can't see microscopic defects, a drive laser can.

As said, if it fails to rip in multiple drives, it's dirty and/or defective.

It's up to you to either exchange it or not. If you don't even believe the lead developer (James), we can't help you. The ball is in your court.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks anyway. As the disc has no bonus material, other than a small parody flick, I believe it must be software related. One day I'll reset my computer, and I'll come back if that makes any difference.

It won't, but suit yourself. We can't assists you if you refuse the assistance from even the lead anydvd dev.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thanks anyway. As the disc has no bonus material, other than a small parody flick, I believe it must be software related. One day I'll reset my computer, and I'll come back if that makes any difference.
If you're so sure, try ripping it with Windows. Disc doesn't show any protection at all unless it's one of those funny on demand discs. Exit AnyDVD first before trying.

Back