• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD Drives and Firmware Questions

way late to the UHD/4k party - but love it on my 65" samsung using my XBOX One X as the player. To make backups of discs I've bought using AnyDVD - is it possible to use this drive? https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-Blu-ray-Writer-Optical/dp/B079LR2Q67 It seems that from what I read out of the 12+ pages on this thread - that LG has a few that work - of course with the right firmware it seems.
LG Electronics Blu-ray/DVD Writer Optical Drive - WH16NS60
Is it worth $100?

I just built a new Intel Core i9-9900K system and have lots more HP than my old i7-3770K. DeUHD needed or AnyDVD and Handbrake still the recipe for this?

way late to the UHD/4k party - but love it on my 65" samsung using my XBOX One X as the player. To make backups of discs I've bought using AnyDVD - is it possible to use this drive? https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-Blu-ray-Writer-Optical/dp/B079LR2Q67 It seems that from what I read out of the 12+ pages on this thread - that LG has a few that work - of course with the right firmware it seems.
LG Electronics Blu-ray/DVD Writer Optical Drive - WH16NS60
Is it worth $100?

I just built a new Intel Core i9-9900K system and have lots more HP than my old i7-3770K. DeUHD needed or AnyDVD and Handbrake still the recipe for this?

AnyDVD does not work with "official" UHD drives, so the NS60 is a no go. If you want to use AnyDVD to back up UHD discs, you need a "UHD friendly" drive.

The most common (and popular) UHD friendly drives are:

LG WH16NS40 (NS50)
LG WH14NS40 (NS50)
LG BH16NS55
ASUS BW-16D1HT

There are a few others (only LG & ASUS) but the above are the most common.

AnyDVD does not work with "official" UHD drives, so the NS60 is a no go. If you want to use AnyDVD to back up UHD discs, you need a "UHD friendly" drive.

The most common (and popular) UHD friendly drives are:

LG WH16NS40 (NS50)
LG WH14NS40 (NS50)
LG BH16NS55
ASUS BW-16D1HT

There are a few others (only LG & ASUS) but the above are the most common.

Thanks for the quick reply. I rolled the dice and bought the Asus 16D1HT from a reseller on eBay that says he's rolled it back to FW 3.01. It will be here on Monday of next week.

Marty knows this already but just for the record the ns60 official drive can be used if it's cross flashed to a friendly firmware. It can even be cross flashed to an Asus firmware if you're not burning certain types of media. Nonetheless the drive you got is excellent. I personally flashed mine with the mk 3.10 firmware found on the makemkv forum as it seems to have better triple layer disc reading capability. But 3.01 will work just fine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back