• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-ray and cinavia?

siniblue

Is there a way to tell if a disk is protected with cinavia?

A few ways, assuming it's a standard Blu-ray since I don't think there are any UHD 4K discs with Cinavia.
There will be a tiny pinkish/purple Cinavia logo on the back label.

RedFox will give the correct playlist in the status window, assuming that it has been dealt with, using the OPD.

After it's decrypted, you may use the free version of Clone BD to let you know as well.

RedFox will give the correct playlist in the status window, assuming that it has been dealt with, using the OPD.
That's Screen Pass, not Cinavia

After it's decrypted, you may use the free version of Clone BD to let you know as well.
Yes. I'd just like to clarify, because so many people still think, that you have to "rip" in order to decrypt:

just having AnyDVD running in the background is sufficient. The disc will be decrypted on the fly while accessing it.
CloneBD will tell you when a disc has Cinavia, if you just play it back in it's preview player for at most a minute or so.

Yes, screen pass, I realized that's what I meant, thanks. :cool:

Hi DrinkLyeAndDie.

Can you give specific examples of UHD titles with Cinavia?

I've heard there are some, but afaik have not run into one yet...

T

The "monkey" has a list on their website. No idea how accurate it is.

Maybe you could pm me or something and clue me in on who the "monkey" is?

Would really like to check that list.....

T
He's talking about DVDFab.

Their symbol is a monkey, hence the description of their product.

Just like RedFox has a Fox to represent it (the Project, that is.)

He's talking about DVDFab.

Their symbol is a monkey, hence the description of their product.

Just like RedFox has a Fox to represent it (the Project, that is.)

Thanks whatever_gong2!

Actually a couple of people pm'd me to let me know.

Just seemed so mysterious to me, "the monkey".

Now, mystery solved.

Appreciate the explanation!

T

Everest BD had Cinavia yet no logo on back of cover. This was Universal title.

How common is that?

Everest BD had Cinavia yet no logo on back of cover. This was Universal title.

How common is that?
Not common. And my copy of Everest (3D) doesn't have Cinavia.

It is my understanding that Any DVD recodes the cinavia protected soundtrack, to make a backup copy playable on a cinavia enabled DVD player. If that is true why am I getting a sound interruption and popup notice telling me it won't play? I have up to date RedFox programs.

You understand wrong. AnyDVD doesn't recode anything, not on its own anyway. That's CloneBD's job, provided you have the proper settings active, anydvd taps into CloneBD's audio encoding process, does its magic and CLONEBD then outputs a cinavia free output (although the sound will be less optimal)

Thanks for the information. I guess I was not bothered by cinavia before because it was only on blue ray discs. Now it seems to be on standard DVD as well and my cloneDVD2 does not do the same thing as cloneBD. I didn't think CloneBD worked on regular DVD so I never got that program. Am I correct in the assumption? I guess what I am asking is: Is there a way to rip and burn a cinavia DVD?

Thanks for the information. I guess I was not bothered by cinavia before because it was only on blue ray discs. Now it seems to be on standard DVD as well and my cloneDVD2 does not do the same thing as cloneBD. I didn't think CloneBD worked on regular DVD so I never got that program. Am I correct in the assumption? I guess what I am asking is: Is there a way to rip and burn a cinavia DVD?
You don't want to remove Cinavia. You want a playback device ignoring Cinavia. Like any DVD player. Any media player. Only "real" Blu-ray players are problematic.

Concussion 4K UHD, the Pitch Perfect movies, Billy Lynn’s Halftime movie just to name a few.

I apologize if I'm late to game on this. But which studios did the Cinavia usage spill out to, beyond those owned by Sony?

I apologize if I'm late to game on this. But which studios did the Cinavia usage spill out to, beyond those owned by Sony?
Lionsgate and Universal uses Cinavia on their DVDs, Blu-ray discs and UHD discs just like Sony.

The other Studios rarely use it, but have used it from time to time. CloneBD has a way of checking any Blu-ray disc for the presence of Cinavia, when you use the Preview player and let it run for a few minutes, usually just past the 20 minute mark.

:)

CloneBD has a way of checking any Blu-ray disc for the presence of Cinavia, when you use the Preview player and let it run for a few minutes, usually just past the 20 minute mark.

Usually just takes a couple of minutes for the Preview Player to catch it, but I'm told it has to be in a passage where there is active audio.

If playing a passage that is fairly quiet, detection may not happen.

I guess, whatever_gong82, that's why you start checking at the 20-minute mark?

In case the movie opening has low audio?

T

Back