• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Drives now only reads DVD's, no CD's or data

Dabitz

Both my drives read only DVD's, all DVD functionality is good. However, it won't read or write CD's or data. It seems like anydvd overwrote both my cd roms drivers as when I look at the drivers there is a an anydvd driver in my system32 folder. I have tried everything but no luck. After I installed a new dvd burner drive, it worked perfectly. But after a system crash when it boot back up it took your anydvd drivers and I have no way to restore back. I tried to do a search to see if anyone would have a similar problem with no luck. I hope you can help me out.

Both my drives read only DVD's, all DVD functionality is good. However, it won't read or write CD's or data.

That's pretty typical in drives that are dying.

It seems like anydvd overwrote both my cd roms drivers as when I look at the drivers there is a an anydvd driver in my system32 folder.

No Anydvd doesn't overwrite anything. Yes, that file should be there.

a) Keep your Anydvd license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot

Now can you drives read cds? If not, Anydvd isn't the problem.

If yes, then click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 (and follow the steps--especially 3 and 4).

Last edited:
Thanks. I will try that. Have in mind that I installed a brand new drive which worked perfectly until today. I'll try that and keep you posted so others can benefit from this discussion.

Also, you can try Uninstallling your optical drives in Device Manager and reboot.
Windows will reinstall them on reboot.

I had the opposite thing happen in my other laptop. It downloaded a update from Microsoft and after that it would not read DVDs but worked fine read/playing and burning cds. Notified HP and they wanted me to do a complete restore as I did once before to cure the problem.

Back