• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

LG WH16NS60

yahknow1

I bought this drive from Alex C (already downgraded to supposedly work) but it gives an error when trying to rip with AnyDVD HD. The drive says firmaware 1.0. He's going to let me return the drive for the ASUS BW16D1HT. Before I do that I was wondering if AnyDVD was going to work with it any time soon?

20190411_192057.jpg

That ns60 model, unlikely that's an official uhd drive. That other model should work.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It can be cross flashed to the Asus firmware to make it anydvd compatible ie uhd friendly. On its native 1.00 firmware it's still official. Every program other than anydvd will support it but anydvd doesn't work with any official drives.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I bought this drive from Alex C (already downgraded to supposedly work) but it gives an error when trying to rip with AnyDVD HD. The drive says firmaware 1.0. He's going to let me return the drive for the ASUS BW16D1HT. Before I do that I was wondering if AnyDVD was going to work with it any time soon?
It can be cross flashed to the Asus firmware to make it anydvd compatible ie uhd friendly. On its native 1.00 firmware it's still official. Every program other than anydvd will support it but anydvd doesn't work with any official drives.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Or you could just flash to LG's firmware for the earlier model WH16NS40 1.02.

That's UHD-friendly and works with AnyDVD.

T

Or you could just flash to LG's firmware for the earlier model WH16NS40 1.02.

That's UHD-friendly and works with AnyDVD.

T

But I tried doing that with the Crossflash program that was referenced in blackened2687's post but it has made no difference. I flashed it to 1.00 but made no difference. I feel like there's too many posts in this forum on how to crossflash and it's confusing.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18933

Get that flasher.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19113

Get that MK firmware download.

Flash this bin:

HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BH16NS55-1.03-NM00000-211711201704.bin

It'll turn the NS60 into an NS55 UHD friendly drive. If you want to truly cross flash it with a really good firmware, you can use the:

ASUS-BW-16D1HT-3.10-WM01601-211901041014.bin

The only potential issue with that is if you're burning discs it might cause issues. If so, use the NS55 firmware. If you don't care about burning discs, use the ASUS firmware.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18933

Get that flasher.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19113

Get that MK firmware download.

Flash this bin:

HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BH16NS55-1.03-NM00000-211711201704.bin

It'll turn the NS60 into an NS55 UHD friendly drive. If you want to truly cross flash it with a really good firmware, you can use the:

ASUS-BW-16D1HT-3.10-WM01601-211901041014.bin

The only potential issue with that is if you're burning discs it might cause issues. If so, use the NS55 firmware. If you don't care about burning discs, use the ASUS firmware.

Thank for the simple process.

I flashed using the bin you stated and it worked.

I have zero interest in burning discs on that drive. I have a second Blu-ray drive that I will use to do that.

Then you're good to go. I'd just leave it on that firmware and don't touch it. It's a very good firmware for ripping UHD's.

But I tried doing that with the Crossflash program that was referenced in blackened2687's post but it has made no difference. I flashed it to 1.00 but made no difference. I feel like there's too many posts in this forum on how to crossflash and it's confusing.

hardliner, sorry to hear that.

I'm not sure which flasher you're referring to from blackened2687 but the one I used to install the NS40 firmware worked perfectly and I have had zero problems using it these several months.

Anyway very glad you got it sorted out with the ASUS flasher.

I tried ASUS crossflashing for my NS60 but it completely hosed the drive's ability to burn Blu-Ray. Since that's something I do on occasion that wouldn't work for me.

Congrats on successfully making your NS60 friendly!

T

I bought this drive from Alex C (already downgraded to supposedly work) but it gives an error when try

I take offense to this comment. There is no "supposedly" the drive works perfectly with MakeMKV and furthermore I clearly state that I test all drives with MakeMKV. It would be VERY easy for you to verify that this drive indeed does work with MakeMKV and I thank you to remove your "supposedly" comment.

Had you told me about your intent to use it with AnyDVD we could have discussed options up front. I don't like the idea of cross flashing it to an ASUS when you can simply purchase an ASUS to begin with.

Hi

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully someone will read it and offer some help

I have a LG WH16NS60 drive currently on 1.03 and tried to downgrade the firmware on it.

I've tried

WH16NS60 (see screen capture)

and

HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BH16NS55-1.03-NM00000-211711201704.bin (the NS60 1.00 would be my first choice.

Every time I try to flash the drive I get "update failure #5" regardless of which FW I choose

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 5
Nothing's wrong. You beat me to posting the info to help them.

Ahhh. The ASUS flasher... I didn't check the picture. That flasher won't work anymore. Thanks for your support. Kind of crazy like people dig up old things but are not aware of newer and safer software.

OK I downloaded the new flasher and the drop down to select a drive is blank, nothing populates in it. The drive is still working (just played a quick clip to test it) and showing up in device manager. I have the flashing tool on the desktop, should it be in some other folder?

Back