• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Incredibles 2 ATMOS

That was indeed the problem before... Audio lag. After I reripped it with 1.2.4.8 I started it and had audio drops in the first 3 or 4 minutes. I'm using jriver mc 25 with lav filters. I'll do some more testing today and see what's going on. I thought this should have fixed it. I never got beyond that point in testing to see if the audio stayed in sync. I'll get to the bottom of it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Does your Shield play it correctly?

EDIT2:
Does PowerDVD play it correctly?

Just to rule out a "Jriver" specific problem. Makes testing much easier.

EDIT, OT:
You can enable color space switching in Shield developer options. Sweet!

Last edited:
Does your Shield play it correctly?

EDIT2:
Does PowerDVD play it correctly?

Just to rule out a "Jriver" specific problem. Makes testing much easier.

EDIT, OT:
You can enable color space switching in Shield developer options. Sweet!

I'm working on testing right now. I whacked LAV Filters and let J River re-download them. Just to rule that out. Next up will be SHIELD testing.

Ok, J River, not fixed. That's with the latest LAV Filters so that's not great. The first seamless branch split where the Incredibles title comes up I get a drop at 3:21. About to test it on the SHIELD now. And now you're going to be really not pleased. Audio drop on the SHIELD in the exact same spot. I'd test VLC but I don't have it installed, don't really want it on my system, and that's probably the one place it actually works. LOL

As for your OT point, I gotta try that on my bedroom SHIELD! Kuel!

And now you're going to be really not pleased. Audio drop on the SHIELD in the exact same spot.
Well, I am not the one, who has to fix this. Hehe... but at least I can try to verify / test it on my Shield.
As for your OT point, I gotta try that on my bedroom SHIELD! Kuel!
Still OT:
Not as cool as I hoped (no tone remapping HDR->SDR), but Shield can now dynamically switch between BT709 / BT2020. Combined with auto resolution in Kodi, this is perfect. I rather like the display to do the color mapping and upscaling. Especially for projectors it is extremely silly, that Shield converts BT709 -> BT2020 and poor projector has to try hard to display a non existing BT2020 color space by inserting filters into the light path.
Now Shield can output BT709 as BT709 and BT2020 as BT2020, if you enable the - forgot the name, HDMI something? - option.

Well, I am not the one, who has to fix this. Hehe... but at least I can try to verify / test it on my Shield.

Still OT:
Not as cool as I hoped (no tone remapping HDR->SDR), but Shield can now dynamically switch between BT709 / BT2020. Combined with auto resolution in Kodi, this is perfect. I rather like the display to do the color mapping and upscaling. Especially for projectors it is extremely silly, that Shield converts BT709 -> BT2020 and poor projector has to try hard to display a non existing BT2020 color space by inserting filters into the light path.
Now Shield can output BT709 as BT709 and BT2020 as BT2020, if you enable the - forgot the name, HDMI something? - option.

I know, but, poor @Pete might have to sit through it again. hehe. I don't know how this ended up being worse than the previous build though. Those drops are happening exactly as they did when we started down this rabbit hole. Maybe I'll make him happy and throw VLC on that poor machine in a bit and try it with that, but, that's NOT my "go to" player. If it worked on the SHIELD I'd just shut up and leave it alone, but, the drops happening on the SHIELD as well as the latest LAV Filters tells me something's not quite right with that audio stream. sigh

Absolutely OT:
Well, it's still useful because my Panny plasma is only rec.709 so outputting the correct color space is useful. I'll have to mess with that tonight.

Sorry, @Pete but I get audio drops in VLC, too. And now that player is being removed from my system.

EDIT:

And PDVD 18, as well. Same spot.

Last edited:
Beyond belief OT:
Absolutely OT:
Well, it's still useful because my Panny plasma is only rec.709 so outputting the correct color space is useful. I'll have to mess with that tonight.
Shield on a 709 only display is prohibitive for viewing 2020 content. The new setting won't help at all. Sorry. Just saying, so you don't waste your time.

Sorry, @Pete but I get audio drops in VLC, too.
Pete will like that. He might be able to reproduce this. But, AFAIK he already tried. And failed. What was your setup when trying VLC? PC HDMI out (which one? Intel? NVIDIA?) to an Atmos Amp (which one? Denon? Onkyo?)? Bitstreaming Atmos?
Let's say, you try it with VLC on a PC monitor. No AMP, no Atmos, just the decoded stream. Can you reproduce the problem? Pete would love if you can, I am sure.

Pete will like that. He might be able to reproduce this. But, AFAIK he already tried. And failed. What was your setup when trying VLC? PC HDMI out (which one? Intel? NVIDIA?) to an Atmos Amp (which one? Denon? Onkyo?)? Bitstreaming Atmos?
Let's say, you try it with VLC on a PC monitor. No AMP, no Atmos, just the decoded stream. Can you reproduce the problem? Pete would love if you can, I am sure.

He wouldn't have checked the same part of the movie. As I recall he was going further where the audio sync issue was so he wouldn't have seen this audio drop. We had this problem fixed before this latest build but now it's back. I used VLC, nv 1060 out to my Pio ATMOS receiver, bitstreaming ATMOS, yes. AFAIK, this issue has never happened decoding the audio (because ATMOS isn't being decoded).

AFAIK, this issue has never happened decoding the audio (because ATMOS isn't being decoded).
Exactly. Just checking, the NEW issue (drops) does ONLY happen with bitstreming? Or does it probably even happen when decoding the truehd part? Making it a non-atmos problem?

Exactly. Just checking, the NEW issue (drops) does ONLY happen with bitstreming? Or does it probably even happen when decoding the truehd part? Making it a non-atmos problem?

I'll check when I get a minute. I suspect it's an ATMOS only issue but we'll find out for sure when I get a sec.

As predicted, no issue when decoding. It's a bitstreaming ATMOS issue. As it was when we started this crazy ride.

Sorry, @Pete but I get audio drops in VLC, too. And now that player is being removed from my system.

EDIT:

And PDVD 18, as well. Same spot.

OK, since you mentioned the time stamp 3:21, I'm now limiting my tests to the first 5 minutes.
Something you did must differ from what I did.
Are you 100% sure, you didn't accidentally pick an older copy that was made with a version prior to 1.2.4.8?

What I did (multiple times now):

• CloneBD 1.2.4.8 beta 64 bit
  • MKV with selectable subtitles
  • selected all English subtitles and all English audio tracks (alternatively just the Atmos track, made no difference)
  • lossless audio+video
Played back the following ways:
  • VLC to local speakers (just shitty stereo)
  • JRiver via HDMI to Denon receiver 7.1 PCM
  • PowerDVD 17 to local speakers (couldn't get PowerDVD 17 to run on the PC connected to my Denon)

I watched the first 30 minutes - all totally fine.

I couldn't test bit-streaming, for some reason that only resulted in silence, didn't figure out why.
First I thought it's an issue with Atmos, but streaming AC3 made no difference.

So, no matter what I do, sound is fine. Still working on bit-streaming.
If you have one, please post a CloneBD log file, so I can make sure, I'm using the exact same settings you are.

As predicted, no issue when decoding. It's a bitstreaming ATMOS issue. As it was when we started this crazy ride.
Oh. Just saw this.
So I'll intensify my attempts to make bit-streaming work.

Yeah this has always been an Atmos bitstream only issue from day 1. And yes I know for sure it's an mkv created with 1.2.4.8 64 bit as I deleted the old mkv and recreated it. Twice with the same results. The thing is the previous clonebd did not have audio drops, only the sync issue.

Yeah this has always been an Atmos bitstream only issue from day 1. And yes I know for sure it's an mkv created with 1.2.4.8 64 bit as I deleted the old mkv and recreated it. Twice with the same results. The thing is the previous clonebd did not have audio drops, only the sync issue.

I tried it myself, and I can easily reproduce the problem with Shield and VLC and a Denon amp. Interesting, if I tell the Denon to disable Atmos decoding (just decode TrueHD) the problem remains.

For whoever is interested in bit-streaming HD audio, I shall state my crushing findings here: avoid internal Intel GPUs at all cost!
Kaby Lake processor with Intel HD 630 - bit-streaming only supports non-HD audio (not that you'd find that written down anywhere, I spent nearly two days figuring that out).
Until James nudged me to install an nVidia card. With that it worked straight away. Like so many other video related things.
My personal opinion: Intel GPUs are crap, when it comes to video.

OK, rant over. So.... yes, it's a bit-streaming issue. Which is interesting, considering, that PC decoded audio works flawlessly, so the actual audio content seems to be fine.

It might be something with the time stamps. Audio possibly gets transmitted too fast or too slow in relation to video (without decoding, the player has no means to actually count samples). And then it skips.
But that theory has a flaw - seeking to a spot with a "hiccup" (I don't really perceive them as bad as you made it sound, SamuriHL) still makes it jump.

Last edited:
But that theory has a flaw - seeking to a spot with a "hiccup" (I don't really perceive them as bad as you made it sound, SamuriHL) still makes it jump.
It is possible, that Samuri's Pioneer is more sensible. With my Denon the first dropout I could hear was around 3:20, the cut from the title "Incrdibles 2" to Mr. Incredible in the tunnel.

Yes it's a complete drop in my pio. Like audio cuts out completely. There are times when it doesn't recover and audio just cuts out completely. That's with my pio. I don't have any other brand of receiver in the house to test with. I suspect James is correct and different receivers handle it differently.

OK, rant over. So.... yes, it's a bit-streaming issue. Which is interesting, considering, that PC decoded audio works flawlessly, so the actual audio content seems to be fine.

Also, I don't necessarily agree with this statement. PC decoded audio is NOT decoding the ATMOS extensions as far as I know. Simply the TrueHD track to PCM. My guess is that something in the ATMOS extensions is getting screwed up. Like I said, for me, most of the time it's an audible cut out in sound followed by the audio quickly returning. Sometimes, though, the receiver just seems to lose it completely and the audio cuts out completely and doesn't come back. It's highly annoying.

I tried it myself, and I can easily reproduce the problem with Shield and VLC and a Denon amp. Interesting, if I tell the Denon to disable Atmos decoding (just decode TrueHD) the problem remains.

THAT is definitely interesting though. Cause that would rule out my theory that it's an ATMOS extension issue...maybe. It depends on what the Denon is REALLY doing under the covers when you "disable ATMOS".

Back