• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

LibreDrive

Sounds interesting. Do you know where to find this "LibDriveIo library"?

No, none of those are the library that's being used. I've tried to find it, as well, and haven't been able to. LibDriveIO appears to be part of some linux installations. My interpretation of what I've read on MakeMKV (and I had to read it a few times to get this) is that LibreDrive is putting the drive into a LibreDrive mode which basically gives RAW access to the disc. I believe LibDriveIO is then another layer that "makes sense" of the data that's being read. Think of it like a virtual optical drive in a sense. Otherwise without that, you have no idea what bits you've just read off the drive. So I think the "open source" part is the LibDriveIO that's being used to interpret the data that the not-so-open-source LibreDrive code is allowing access to. Hopefully that made sense.

Last edited:
Will it help make all UHD drives "UHD Friendly", amongst other things?

To answer this question, I would say, "not quite". It's actually better than that. By uploading a piece of firmware code to the drive's volatile memory, they're able to then access ALL data on the disc. Normally you can only get to things like the Volume ID and encrypted title keys once you've authenticated properly through the drive's firmware. The LibreDrive method bypasses the firmware and can read all the data off the disc directly without all the authentication nonsense. At least, this is how I understand it.

Maybe you can pull it from makemkv then

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Any update on this? This sounds like an awesome enhancement if possible.

Any update on this? This sounds like an awesome enhancement if possible.
Do you know where to find this open source "LibDriveIo library"?

There seems to be a misconception about what LibreDrive can and can't do. The contents of the discs are encrypted. LibreDrive doesn't bypass that. What it does do is bypass MKB restrictions and is able to read sections of the disc that are normally blocked by the firmware until proper authentication is done. I theorize that this should mean that the VUK and encrypted title key/s should be accessible but I don't know if that helps in the decryption process. My theory is that if the VUK can be combined with a process key (given that the MKB is bypassed any process key would work) then the title keys should be able to be decrypted. I don't know enough about the inner workings of AACS to know if my theory is viable or not. Right now, the only thing LibreDrive helps with in MakeMKV is bypassing MKB revocations. That way if your drive gets updated with a new MKB version, you can still use it to decrypt any disc you have a decrypted title key for.

Back