• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Keeping original audio with 4K uhd

Louie

When making a MKV WITH SELECTABLE AUDIO and SUBTITlLES can you please keep the exact audio bitrate of the original audio of a 4K uhd disc when in the audio codec we select keep original audio is selected beceause I have noticed with a couple movies now that the DTS track is been converted down to a 448kbps when it should be like the original 1509kbps

Did you try the "Lossless" option? That's what it does.

Yes I did that’s what I used lossless when I’m making a MKV but how I noticed this was I also made a copy of the same movie with MAKEMKV and the audio with that which was a DTS track came through at 1509 kbps with makemkv and with clone bd it came back at 448 kbps not sure why

What i'm trying to ask you for is a feature like MAKEMKV and DVDFAB have that when you are ripping a 4K UHD movie to a MKV CONTAINER and the movie has a DOLBY TRUE HD track and a DTS-HD track on the disc like the movie RAMPAGE that i'm using as an example to try and make a back up of that you have the option to remove the hd audio out of these 2 tracks and you come up with a dolby digital track at the highest bitrate possible either 448kbps or 640kbps and a dts track at 1509kbps i can send you a picture of what these 2 other softwares do it is a great feature to have the option to be able to do this when ripping to a MKV container you will see in both softwares you have the option with this movie to have a dolby digital track and a dts track taken out of the dobly true hd track and the dts-hd track i have attached the pictures of these options i have put checkmarks in the boxes of the audio i want to show you guys that this option is available with these 2 softwares and i would love to see it with your CLONEBD PLEASE.

Attachments

• Doc5.zip
    560.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Doc6.zip
    116.7 KB · Views: 1
To summarize: You want to copy the DTS / AC3 core, not the DTS-HD / TrueHD audio. Correct?

To summarize: You want to copy the DTS / AC3 core, not the DTS-HD / TrueHD audio. Correct?

I would like to have the option to have both the DTS-HD /TRUEHD audio and the DTS/AC3 core as well like I showed you in the pictures with the other 2 softwares that I copied with I have all 4 audio checked marked to copy because they have that option for us which I would like to see with your software

I would like to have the option to have both the DTS-HD /TRUEHD audio and the DTS/AC3 core as well like I showed you in the pictures with the other 2 softwares that I copied with I have all 4 audio checked marked to copy because they have that option for us which I would like to see with your software
AFAIK CloneBD keeps all you want, if you copy the Audio unmodified. It just doesn't "show" the cores. Just copy the DTS-HD or TrueHD tracks unmodified.

I have tried that with the movie RAMPAGE 4K UHD Which is the one I’m talking about and there is no DTS core 1509 kbps showing anywhere I could not even find the Dolby digital ac3 5.1 480 kbps it just gives me the DTS-hd and the truehd audio tracks recorded

I have tried that with the movie RAMPAGE 4K UHD Which is the one I’m talking about and there is no DTS core 1509 kbps showing anywhere I could not even find the Dolby digital ac3 5.1 480 kbps it just gives me the DTS-hd and the truehd audio tracks recorded

If you copy the DTS-HD track, usually the DTS core is stored inside the HD track. This way, the audio track is 1 file (containing both the HD audio and the core audio). The same goes for the TrueHD track. (The AC3 is inside the HD track.) Your A/V Receiver should play the correct version automatically. If it doesn't have HD audio functionality, it will automatically play the core/AC3 track.

EDIT: Here is the movie Rampage (UHD). I can see all the audio tracks are available.rampage audio.jpg

Last edited:
I just copied this movie again with clone bd and I did see the ac3 audio track at 448 kbps but the DTS track also copied the core at 448 kbps how come with the 2 other softwares MAKEMKV and DVDFAB I can get the core DTS at 1509kbps

I just copied this movie again with clone bd and I did see the ac3 audio track at 448 kbps but the DTS track also copied the core at 448 kbps how come with the 2 other softwares MAKEMKV and DVDFAB I can get the core DTS at 1509kbps

I just created a mkv from the Rampage UHD using CloneBD. I only selected the DTS-HD track. The resulting mkv contains this track (which included the DTS core @1509 kbps). I confirmed it as 1509 kbps when I extracted the core track from the HD track using eac3to.

How are you concluding that the DTS core is only 448 kbps?

I believe that it would be better to separate the truehd/DTS-hd tracks from the core ac3 and DTS core like the other 2 softwares have it makes it so much easier to select the one you want and play it so you have the 4 track completely separated I sent the pictures of how they separate all 4 and life is easier for everyone

Through my powerdvd player it says it is only 448kbps in the information window but I’m not even getting any sound out of that track at all I get it only from the ac3 5.1

I believe that it would be better to separate the truehd/DTS-hd tracks from the core ac3 and DTS core like the other 2 softwares have it makes it so much easier to select the one you want and play it so you have the 4 track completely separated I sent the pictures of how they separate all 4 and life is easier for everyone

Well, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Wouldn't you want to play the best available track? If yes, then why separate them? The equipment will automatically play the HD track (if your equipment supports it) or the core track. There is no need to separate the core from the HD track.

If I only select the dtshd track how would I play the core dts through my powerdvd player

If I only select the dtshd track how would I play the core dts through my powerdvd player

Personally, I don't use PowerDVD. I use MPC-HC (Media Player Classic - Home Cinema)

In MPC-HC, if I want to select the core track, I just right click, go to "audio" and select the core track. VLC also works similarly. Just select audio and choose the core track.

Maybe you can do this in PowerDVD too?

I will try this with my powerdvd and I will let you know or I will download MPC-HC does this player work better than vlc

I will try this with my powerdvd and I will let you know or I will download MPC-HC does this player work better than vlc

Yep. I don't even use VLC anymore. Uninstalled it and only use MPC-HC. All I can suggest is play a video in PowerDVD, then try right clicking on the screen and see if there is an audio option.

hi there it has the option audio when i right click but the only audio showing there is the DTS-HD it does ot have the core dts and i just downloaded the MPC-HC and tried playing the audio throught that player and i dont see the core on that player either and i just copied the dts-hd track like you did but no luck

Back