• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No HDR/DV on compressed UHD-blu-rays on OPPO 203

mvb

Hello,

every UHD i try to compress onto a BD-R 25/50 (1:1 Copy) doesn't show any HDR/DV triggering on oppo 203 while playing, only washed out colors. The Info-Button on the player shows source as SDR.

Compressed with another product i normaly wouldn't prefer every 1:1 copy i do works fine.

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong? Example-Logs attached.

Thanks
MvB

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.3.0.AVENGERS_INFINITY_WAR.cbdlog
    371 KB · Views: 1
  • CloneBD.1.2.4.2.Annihilation.cbdlog
    580.1 KB · Views: 0
  • CloneBD.1.2.4.2.THE_REVENANT.cbdlog
    766 KB · Views: 1
Compressed with another product I normally wouldn't prefer every 1:1 copy i do works fine.
By 1:1 copy you don't mean it in the actual sense of "bit by bit uncompressed copy"?

Can you please do the following:
use the latest beta, select "partial copy" as you did with the Revenant, on the selection page, play back the main title and after just 3-5 seconds click on the right scissor tool to mark the end.
So you'll be selecting the first few seconds to copy.
Then on the output page select "output to folder" and make sure, that the size slider is not to the full right, otherwise there will be no compression. Actually, pull it to the far left, quality is not of interest here.

Then create the miniature copy and please post the resulting m2ts file here (for The Revenant it would be 00600.m2ts).
The first few seconds should be blackness, so a) the output would be very small and b) you won't be hurting any copyright ;)

The HDR info should be in the output roughly once per second, so that should be enough for analysis.

Last edited:
@Pete
Strange thing is: if i select the m2ts directly, it plays correct with hdr.

But if i play the whole folder, everything is SDR.

As soon as i'm at home i create the snippet. But as i said, the m2ts should play fine. It is a problem playing the whole folder with chapters etc. Maybe something wrong with the playlist?

But if i play the whole folder, everything is SDR.
Thank you for this information, that was important.
Please try version 1.2.4.4, it may fix your problem.

Thank you for this information, that was important.
Please try version 1.2.4.4, it may fix your problem.

Compressing just now. Let's see.

Thanks for the fast answer

Hello Reto,

unfortunately it didn't work as expected. The TV now recognizeses Dolby Vision / HDR, but displays wrong colors and a blocky video.
Even if i try to play the m2ts directly: the same.

I attached a picture of how it looks like

Attachments

• IMG_20190228_194047.jpg
    IMG_20190228_194047.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 17
@Pete: i created a snippet like you suggested

Attachments

• 00010.7z
    4.1 MB · Views: 3
Maybe it would help if someone could tell me which files would have to be patched for the oppo 203 so i could provide these files from a working copy?

Back