• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BDs with JARs but not AACS

thetoad

So I have a BD that has a JAR file (and therefore possibly region protection), but not AACS (Score - A Documentary, it's a MOD disc). AnyDVD pops up a dialog for choosing region, but in the status window shows "No AACS, Skipping JAR files". While some JAR file processing can't occur without AACS dir being present, is this a requirement for all jar processing? i.e. handling region code?

its possible I guess that the pop up is correct and the status is wrong and that some jar processing is going on anyways?

So I have a BD that has a JAR file (and therefore possibly region protection), but not AACS (Score - A Documentary, it's a MOD disc). AnyDVD pops up a dialog for choosing region, but in the status window shows "No AACS, Skipping JAR files". While some JAR file processing can't occur without AACS dir being present, is this a requirement for all jar processing? i.e. handling region code?

its possible I guess that the pop up is correct and the status is wrong and that some jar processing is going on anyways?
You can try this:
1.) Exit AnyDVD
2.) Change the registry value allowNonAACSJarFixes from 0 to 1
You find the value in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Settings
3.) Start AnyDVD and try again.

@James I'm uploading a log file for it. It doesn't seem to need any special work (i.e. its unencrypted and therefore plays the right playlist as is), but it is netblendered (I think that's the scheme's name?) and I guess the way it tries to get copy protection is via many playlists, corrupt area on disc that can't be read (which seem to cause problems with real bluray players per amazon reviews) and duplicate files (i.e. it should be 25-30GB disk, not a 40GB disk). I've gotten multiple copies of the disc and they all seem to be unable to read consistent areas on the disc (scattered around). Wondering if there's anything that anydvd can do to "clean it up" (i.e. get rid of duplicate stuff and the like)

thoughts?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.4.0_Info_E_Score BUILD_B377B7B3_00000000.ziplog
    1 MB · Views: 8
looking closer at the ziplog file, it seems that my assumption of purposeful bad blocks is wrong, all the m2ts file that belong to the correct playlist are consecutive blocks (which makes sense to avoid seeking and disrupting playback, wondering if this is always how its done now)

my followup Q would be if the log file shows all the CRC's are "ok", would that imply that the unreadable sectors on disc are not important?

It doesn't seem to need any special work (i.e. its unencrypted and therefore plays the right playlist as is), but it is netblendered (I think that's the scheme's name?)
It uses a scheme, that AnyDVD handles quite well, but apparently they made some changes, so AnyDVD won't see it anymore.

looking closer at the ziplog file, it seems that my assumption of purposeful bad blocks is wrong, all the m2ts file that belong to the correct playlist are consecutive blocks (which makes sense to avoid seeking and disrupting playback, wondering if this is always how its done now)

Consecutive blocks are not necessarily required (and now that you mentioned it here, will probably not be seen on future discs ;) ).
There is an allowed maximum seek distance (somewhere around 1.3 GB, I believe) for seamless playback, so these blocks could be scattered up to a point.
But you never know if those protection makers read the specifications, so that's nothing to rely on.

my followup Q would be if the log file shows all the CRC's are "ok", would that imply that the unreadable sectors on disc are not important?
What CRC's? I've never heard of CRCs being used on discs.
But yes - the unreadable sectors are not important. Unless there are some, that are actual genuine read errors, that are not part of the protection.

Did you manage to create an ISO of the disc, despite the errors?

re CRC

in the ziplog, we have dirlist.txt, an example line

00440.m2ts | LBA 1741483-2011446 | Size 552886272 (269964) | icb: 1372 | crc: ok

though looking into it, it seems its not checksumming the data, just the metadata (http://wiki.osdev.org/UDF).

I made an ISO by using ddrescue and let it run for a day, after a while it could no longer read new blocks. Switched drives to see if it would mke a difference, didn't, switched disks (yay library) to see if it make a difference, hasn't. As it's not AACS protected, easy enough to play. But I'm not convinced was fully read. I need to watch the whole thing through, but even then, its possible the bad sectors will just cause some corruption that I wont notice.

I'd note that after looking at this disc, I looked at my ddrescue copy of juliet naked and it's seamless branching pieces were not in consecutive block order, so realized my guess of how they did it was wrong :)

00440.m2ts | LBA 1741483-2011446 | Size 552886272 (269964) | icb: 1372 | crc: ok
Ah, those - these are just CRCs over the directory entries, not the files themselves.

I made an ISO by using ddrescue and let it run for a day, after a while it could no longer read new blocks.
Do you have a list of the sectors that had read errors? Some log file? That would be very helpful.

I'd note that after looking at this disc, I looked at my ddrescue copy of juliet naked and it's seamless branching pieces were not in consecutive block order, so realized my guess of how they did it was wrong :)
If playlist 1002 is the correct one (I'm pretty sure), then the clips are 100% lined up in a row.

yes, almost 100% sure that 1002 is the correct ones as well. yes, I have the ddrescue log file, attaching. still pretty sure that i didn't get complete read, but perhaps "good enough"

Attachments

• Score BUILD.txt
    19.1 KB · Views: 4
yes, almost 100% sure that 1002 is the correct ones as well. yes, I have the ddrescue log file, attaching. still pretty sure that i didn't get complete read, but perhaps "good enough"
Thanks! I love it when people keep forensic data :)
The good news, anyway: you did copy the whole disc. Let's see what we can make of it...

Please try AnyDVD 8.3.4.1.
Please let us know....

Back