• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD Blanks discussion

Maybe your drive is 'on the way out', I can't speak for those boxes ones, but I only buy the 'inkjet printable' ones and they haven't failed me yet in combination with my LG drives.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
I just got another coaster [even after a reboot] at 6X. I am going back to 2X. One thing using ImgBurn that happened before each coaster is that "Time Remaining" == "UNKNOWN" for a short period of time and then goes back to a time. I don't know what this means if anything.
It would be nice if I could rule out "bad media". I wanted to buy some of the media that U R using. If U R having good luck with these and I have "bad luck" using them, this would indicate some kind of hardware issue? Do you think this is worthwhile? And, could you throw up a link where I could purchase the media U R using? [DL media]

That IS the media I'm using (verbat-imf-000 for dl and verbat-ime-000 for sl)

I have an "older" PC - a refurb from MicroCenter. Only 2 gigs of memory and USB 2.0, etc. It seems like I may have to buy a new PC.

I'd start by swapping out just the drive before you go all out.

I'd start by swapping out just the drive before you go all out.

I have no problem with using AnyDVD to rip Blu-Rays to ISO. But, I guess reading and writing are very different things?

In a way yes (besides the obvious difference in target media ;))

I concur with Ch3vr0n's media recommendations. Anything else tried the last years was ending in mixed results. I followed the scene DVD -> BR - UHD backups since many years. Started with DVD-R Ritek G04 burning at faster speeds - loooong time ago.

Found out that I had a extended warranty on the drive. That made replacing it a no-brainer. I did two burns. B25 at 12X took about 48 minutes. BD50 at 6X took about 28 minutes. I guess time will tell? Why would the B25 burn take longer than the B50?

No clue really, same model? Try a firmware update perhaps (just don't flash a 'forbidden version' if it's an uhd friendly version, and you use uhd's)

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

No clue really, same model? Try a firmware update perhaps (just don't flash a 'forbidden version' if it's an uhd friendly version, and you use uhd's)

Same model, different firmware, v1.03 [Does the very first burn require any kind of calibration?]

I do all my burning with IMGBurn, I never pick a speed myself or have one 'assigned'. It's set in IMGBurn to 'MAX'and let it do it's thing. But calibration, no that's what the firmware is for. In combination with the MID and write speed descriptors, the drive knows which speeds the discs are supported at.

Maybe insert a SL and DL into IMGBurn and check out the max speed bitrate. Maybe that'll give some info.

No clue why it would be like that, should be the other way around. But personally I wouldn't worry about it too much of that drive replacement fixed the high burn failures you were getting.

I do all my burning with IMGBurn, I never pick a speed myself or have one 'assigned'. It's set in IMGBurn to 'MAX'and let it do it's thing. But calibration, no that's what the firmware is for. In combination with the MID and write speed descriptors, the drive knows which speeds the discs are supported at.

Maybe insert a SL and DL into IMGBurn and check out the max speed bitrate. Maybe that'll give some info.

No clue why it would be like that, should be the other way around. But personally I wouldn't worry about it too much of that drive replacement fixed the high burn failures you were getting.

Yeh, I'll test it at MAX for both sl and dl going forward because I need to see if my "coaster" rate has changed for the better too.
EDIT:
8X DL burn today.
12X SL burn today [almost 11 minutes, not sure why the previous BD25 burn took so long]
8X DL burn, write error, coaster [I was getting confident again...]
8X DL burn, write error, coaster [2 in a row, not sure what to make of this??]
2X DL burn today [After the above 2 coasters..., back to 2X]
2X DL burn today.

Last edited:
Well, I've got my UHD friendly drive firmware downgraded and ready to use. Can anyone speak to the reliability of the above BDXLs?

triple layer holds 100gb... quad layer holds 125ish or 128ish i think most movies ive ripped with clonebd to mkv fit on 50gb dual layer...

Back