• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.7.3 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6173.exe

6.1.7.3 2007 09 07
- New (DVD): Added support for a new copy protection to the option to
remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors", e.g.
"Curse of the Golden Flower", R2, UK

6.1.7.2 2007 09 06
- New (DVD): Added support for a new version of the Settec AlphaDVD
protection to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable
Sectors", e.g. "Paris by Night 89 - Live in Korea"
Note: 1:1 copy with CloneCD is not yet supported. Currently only
CloneDVD2 or AnyDVD ripper are supported.
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new titles
- Fix: Compatibility problem with U3 memory sticks
- Some minor fixes and improvements

6.1.7.1 2007 09 01
- New (DVD): Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection
to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors", e.g.
"Blades of Glory" R1, US
Note: This new protection is supported by CloneDVD, CloneCD, DVDShrink
and Nero Recode without using the AnyDVD ripper!
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new titles
- Fix (DVD): False positive detection of Arccos on some unprotected titles
- Fix: Compatibility problem with Cruzer U3 memory stick
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6173.exe

Woooot! Yay! An update! :clap:

Thank you

Last edited:
Thanks James, I am really looking forward to this new release. Now I can watch " The Curse of the Golden Flower". :D:D

Thanks James, I am really looking forward to this new release. Now I can watch " The Curse of the Golden Flower". :D:D
I don't think the R1 version has this protection. I am surprised that Universal UK didn't use RipGuard but something more esoteric.

I don't think the R1 version has this protection. I am surprised that Universal UK didn't use RipGuard but something more esoteric.

Are you going to give this new protection a name? How about the Jamesdefeatediteasily protection? :D

Are you going to give this new protection a name? How about the Jamesdefeatediteasily protection? :D
AnyDVD currently names it as "FluxDVD". Not entirely correct, but it is very similar.

Thanks for the update James! :)
¡Gracias por el nuebo programa James! :)

- New (DVD): Added support for a new version of the Settec AlphaDVD
protection to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable
Sectors", e.g. "Paris by Night 89 - Live in Korea]

Folks, if you are attempting to back this disc up, please ensure Alpha disc isn't on your system. Use the uninstaller first:
http://uninstall.settec.com/eng/

And then I recommend uninstalling the uninstaller. Actually, I'm not sure I trust their uninstaller. Hmmm . . .
I wonder if there's a good program out there to ensure this alpha-disc stuff isn't on people's systems.

Last edited:
Folks, if you are attempting to back this disc up, please ensure Alpha disc isn't on your system. Use the uninstaller first:

And then I recommend uninstalling the uninstaller. Actually, I'm not sure I trust their uninstaller. Hmmm . . .
I wonder if there's a good program out there to ensure this alpha-disc stuff isn't on people's systems.

Here is another tool on that. If needed I'll look some more. It says that it is free as well.

You can detect and remove this rootkit using Sophos Anti-Rootkit.

I keep Sophos Anti-Rootkit on my flash drive with RootkitRevealer and another one for rootkits.

You guys totally kick some major a**. I know I don't have to tell you guys that but hey sometimes it's good to hear anyways.

Pardon me Webslinger, Detroit B. and Charlie...

Off the subject of the 6.1.7.3 update (sorry),

Is there any way to tell if one has the Alpha disc rootkit embedded on their system? I myself NEVER, EVER insert any kind of disc into my computer WITHOUT anydvd running (regardless of a data disc, audio cd, or dvd). That being said, does that make me safe from the installation of a alpha rootkit? I know anydvd warded off the Sony rootkits a while back when they put them on their audio cds. I guess I hope that since I always have anydvd enabled when I insert a disc that I'm safe???

Thanks in advance for any replies!:agree:

I myself NEVER, EVER insert any kind of disc into my computer WITHOUT anydvd running (regardless of a data disc, audio cd, or dvd). That being said, does that make me safe from the installation of a alpha rootkit?

Yes, because with Pc-Friendly enabled under "video dvd"-->"Settings" (and with Anydvd active on all your optical drives under "drives"-->"Selection") Anydvd blocks autorun when a disc is inserted.

Now if you still ran an executable file on that disc despite Anydvd blocking autorun (for example, if you went into Windows Explorer, navigated to the disc, and exclaimed, "hey neat, I wonder what clicking on this file does"), then that's bad.

Last edited:
Yes, because with Pc-Friendly enabled under "video dvd"-->"Settings" (and with Anydvd active on all your optical drives under "drives"-->"Selection") Anydvd blocks autorun when a disc is inserted.

Now if you still ran an executable file on that disc despite Anydvd blocking autorun (for example, if you went into Windows Explorer, navigated to the disc, and exclaimed, "hey neat, I wonder what clicking on this file does"), then that's bad.

Thanks for your reply. Glad to know I'm safe. No, I never run .exe files from a dvd if anydvd has detected an auto-run.

Thanks Webslinger, and thanks to all the ingenious minds at Slysoft for keeping up with the Jones with all the updates!!:bowdown::clap:

*sigh*
I'll just say...I'm glad I'm not a Will Ferrell fan...:disagree:
***After re-reading my post, I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea... That was no insinuation that I feel Slysoft was slow on a update (I too read the gigantic thread). I'm just saying that the respective movie was not a concern of mine.***

Last edited:
Back