• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

I just did some digging for a solution and I don't know that I have one. Does the drive led light flash twice when you put a disc in the drive by chance?

That's probably a good sign then. So HOPEFULLY it's just a matter of getting the right firmware back on the drive. The 2 led light flash indicates that the calibration data is corrupt or missing which would be a good reason why the drive wouldn't read any media. Since yours isn't doing that, the calibration data should still be in tact...especially since you used the patched windows flasher to flash it which doesn't overwrite calibration data or the digital signature. You can TRY flashing the attached firmware bin with the patched flasher. I made ZERO promises here that it'll work. I don't really know what else to try though.

<FILE REMOVED AS IT DID NOT HELP>

Last edited:
That's probably a good sign then. So HOPEFULLY it's just a matter of getting the right firmware back on the drive. The 2 led light flash indicates that the calibration data is corrupt or missing which would be a good reason why the drive wouldn't read any media. Since yours isn't doing that, the calibration data should still be in tact...especially since you used the patched windows flasher to flash it which doesn't overwrite calibration data or the digital signature. You can TRY flashing the attached firmware bin with the patched flasher. I made ZERO promises here that it'll work. I don't really know what else to try though.

WARNING: NO ONE ELSE should flash the attached bin file. It is *NOT* UHD friendly firmware!
Didn't work. Thanks anyway.

May the force be with you. ;)

<FILE REMOVED>

Last edited:
tried them and non worked.

Can you please try this. Hopefully it will do the trick.

Use the modifed ASUS flasher with the firmware attached in this post. It is LG WH16NS40 (NS40) 1.01 that is downgrade enabled.

Attachments

• HLDS_JB7_BRAND_1.01_NOBJ_DE.bin.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Can you please try this. Hopefully it will do the trick.

Use the modifed ASUS flasher with the firmware attached in this post. It is LG WH16NS40 (NS40) 1.01 that is downgrade enabled.
Also didn't work says checksum is mismatched. One of the firmware I tried set it to wh14ns40

Last edited:
Also didn't work says checksum is mismatched. One of the firmware I tried set it to wh14ns40

OK. The only chance of getting that drive to work again is to use the old DOSFLASH method. You will need to be able to put your computer into IDE mode in BIOS and connect drive to SATA port 0 or 1 on motherboard.

Use DOSFLASH to dump a copy of your firmware first.
Then use the EEPROM data mover to copy your drive calibration data to the clean 1.01 firmware I gave you previously to generate a new 1.01 specific to your drive.
Use DOSFLASH to erase drive.
Use DOSFLASH to write newly generated 1.01 to your drive.

OK. The only chance of getting that drive to work again is to use the old DOSFLASH method. You will need to be able to put your computer into IDE mode in BIOS and connect drive to SATA port 0 or 1 on motherboard.

Use DOSFLASH to dump a copy of your firmware first.
Then use the EEPROM data mover to copy your drive calibration data to the clean 1.01 firmware I gave you previously to generate a new 1.01 specific to your drive.
Use DOSFLASH to erase drive.
Use DOSFLASH to write newly generated 1.01 to your drive.
No IDE ode in Bios only have AHCI AND Raid options. I am not that good at stuff like this and with the price of drives now I fugue I could just get a new one if this didn't work. Thanks for the help though. :)

Back