• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

copying Disney DVDs (re: "New Protections")

Disney is fanatic about their copy protection, but I was able to get Invincible and all the others no problem with the latest and greatest of AnyDvd and CloneDvd2. They are awesome !!

Disney Protection

As others have stated, using CloneDVD and AnyDVD together is the best way to backup Disney Titles. I have used all updates posted and have encountered no problems whatsoever! :)

If other methods don't work

I've found with older Disney DVDs, the problem comes with their use of Interactual DVD player, a spyware player. If I exit ANYdvd, they will be rippable with dvdshrink and burnable with dvddecrypter. If I DON'T exit ANYdvd, the whole computer freezes up and I have to yank the plug from the wall and reboot, thereby losing all my restore points.

root kits not what you think

DrTalk: I have not encountered any problems copying Disney DVDs but I have not tried many. I have notice that keep AnyDVD up to date is important. But, A root kit will not cause the problem in question and a root kit infection is very unlickly. I don't think you understand root kits. They have been around since the early 1980s and were originally designed for UNIX systems. You can consider them a form of trojan in that they carry a payload that can be disasterous to a computer. Think of them as a wrapper that can be put around any virus, trojan, worm, etc. and hide them from detection. Root kits are not detectable by normal anti-virus programs and the tools designed to detect them are not easy to use and only give you indications that it might or might not be there. It is very fortunate for us that hackers have not embraced root kits because they could lanuch malware attacks that would be extremly difficult to detect and almost imposible to remove without wipe the system out and rebuilding it. I don't know all there is to know about root kits but I am a Computer Security Analyst and I would welcome your views.

. But, A root kit will not cause the problem in question and a root kit infection is very unlickly.

"If AnyDVD is installed and active on your PC, the new so-called "Sony DRM Rootkit Virus" has no access to your system and the affected audio CD appears unprotected regardless! Another good reason to get AnyDVD!" --Slysoft

Disney movies are best backed up using clonedvd 2 + anydvd doing the Movie Only!!!

A Disney DeCrapifier?

I can copy disney dvd's successfully, but the problem doesn't end there. I'm in the process of taking all my disney dvd's [and yes, I have a lot of originals] and selecting ONLY the files with the movie and burn these to their own dvd, also removing the check on "Preserve Menus." When all goes well I can just pop in this dvd and the movie starts right up without the Krappola. A goodly thing!

K.

Disney Titles

Hey ther aabbccdd! I totally agree! With a Disney movie, it is best done Main Movie Only

Disney movies are best backed up using clonedvd 2 + anydvd doing the Movie Only!!!

I back-up Cinderella III with no problems with the burn, Movie Only, AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I have not watched the back-up yet to check the quality.

My mom likes main movie only just to help with compression. Don't really need the menus.

My situation is kinda unique. I have a home theater that uses a DLP front-projector. The PJ is driven by a little PC using a DVI-MI connection to send a pixel-mapped signal directly to the PJ. All the PC has is an Nvidia Card and a SoundBlaster Augigy/2/ZS - and a fairly small hard drive. It's in a teeny isolated box and when it boots up it plays whatever is in the "Tonights Movie" folder. That's it, that's all it does. That's all it's trained to do.
It has NO optical drives - no nothing.

So when I get a new DVD I first *have* to rip it to another PC on the network and then send it over to the HTPC for viewing on the big-screen. If it sucks, I delete it. If it's good, I'll watch whatever bonus material interests me - and then delete it from the HTPC and do a "main movie only" redux (transcode) on the source PC that ripped it to begin with. Then, that redux is allowed to hang out on the network for a future viewing and occisionally backed up to a DVD-R if my elderly mother in NH wants to see it. She can't DO menu's, but she can stick a disk in a drive and let it autoplay, just like a VHS tape used to do.

So for me.. I **HAVE** to be able to rip a movie to the drive - just to watch it at all on the 102" screen.

And If my mother is gonna see it, it's got to be a 4.35 gig redux of the main movie only.

-W

Disney problems

Using latest AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 I've had no problems...just did "Open Season and Saw111"...if you have both of these programs try this..."click" the top button on CloneDVD to just copy the movie without all the previews...that seems to be where they put the protections...hope this helps..gl.

cinderella 3

i am having problems making a backup of cinderella 3. it doesn't give me an error. it freezes during the reading stage. anyone else having problems with this movie. i never had a problem with any disney movies until now.

Disney Titles

Disney Titles are easy. Use CloneDVD 2 with AnyDVD and most of these, back up Movie Only. I have Cinderella 3 and it was very easy to back up just the movie. Playback? Perfect!:agree:

Back