• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Convert UHDs to BluRay from formerly compressed UHDs

coopervid

Hi,

I wanted to convert an UHD disc to BluRay that was formerly converted to fit a 50Gb disc. I get immediately an error message for the NVIDIA conversion. I do it right now - slowwwwly- decoding via the CPU and encoding via NVIDIA GPU. That works w/o errors. There must be something fishy the decoder doesn't like with files produced by the NVIDIA encoder. The disc is Apollo 13. I will check later if that's the case also with other compressed UHDs. I know that BluRay conversion always worked from the original discs.

Last edited:
Generic guide on how to resolve "an error message" when operating CloneBD:

• in case "an error message" appeared only once and then never again, count yourself lucky and proceed with happy thoughts
  • if "an error message" appears consistently, apply "a fix™". Thereafter proceed likewise with happy thoughts
In case neither solutions helped in resolving the problem, possibly try "some other fix™", that is more likely to vanquish "a problem" and help rid yourself of "an error message".
;)

Last edited:
In this particular case, we got lucky, even without a CloneBD log file.
I was able to reproduce this, fix will be in the upcoming beta.

The previous output is fine, btw, but nVidia, indeed chokes on its own output in this case, and it's our fault...

Thanks Reto for the confirmation that this is a bug. I ran that disc yesterday and would have confirmed it today plus sending logs after the conversion to BluRay over night. That's now not necessary anymore. Looking forward to the fix in the next release :thankyou:

By the way: I could convert the UHD to BD using the CPU for decoding the compressed UHD. The result works perfectly. It just took a hell lot of time...

Last edited:
@Pete,

please send a copy of " some other fix™"" by PM ASAP. The ultimate bug fixer is all I ever looked for. That would make life really easy :).

please send a copy of " some other fix™"" by PM ASAP. The ultimate bug fixer is all I ever looked for. That would make life really easy :).
So, the latest version of CloneBD comes with "a specific fix™", please let us know, if it serves as remedy until "some other fix™" becomes available?

Good job, Reto! 1.2.4.2 fixed the bug I reported and the 64 bit version is fast as hell!

Back