• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD will not recognize CSS protection

Fabien4085

Hi,
tried to rip a DVD (Bastard out of Carolina).
Actually AnyDVD will not report any problems (media is not CSS protected, see logfile) and CloneDVD2 ripps the DVD proberly, but the movie on cloned DVD on disk is overlayed with a green flickering.

I attached the logfile from AnyDVD as well as the logfile of CloneDVD2.
Any help would be appreciated.

BTW:DVD is an English US movie but manufactured and delivered from South Korea with Korean subtitles, NTSC, region 1 to 8 (region free?).

Any idea?

Thanks, cheers Fabien

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.4.0_Info_D_BASTARD_OUT_OF_CAROLINA.ziplog
    83.5 KB · Views: 3
  • CloneDVD2-log.txt
    959 bytes · Views: 3
Hi,
tried to rip a DVD (Bastard out of Carolina).
Actually AnyDVD will not report any problems (media is not CSS protected, see logfile) and CloneDVD2 ripps the DVD proberly, but the movie on cloned DVD on disk is overlayed with a green flickering.

I attached the logfile from AnyDVD as well as the logfile of CloneDVD2.
Any help would be appreciated.

BTW:DVD is an English US movie but manufactured and delivered from South Korea with Korean subtitles, NTSC, region 1 to 8 (region free?).

Any idea?

Thanks, cheers Fabien
Does the original disc play on your PC?

Yes, DVD runs properly without this annoying green overlayed flickering.

Are you sure, that the disc is CSS protected? Your drive tells AnyDVD, that it is not.

His header is misleading. In his first post he notes there is NO CSS protection.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Green pixelation issues are a classic sign (usually) of decryption problems.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Got it; guess it is the VLC player.
I wanted to create a short sequence out of a VOB file to produce an MP4 file and post it here, but to my surprise, the green flickering issue was not present in the MP4 file.
I tried a different player, the native Media Player from Windows, and the VOB files played also without the green flickering.
After further testing I found out that it is an issue with VLC player, more precicely an interlace problem with this specific DVD. I activted the De-Interlace Modus "Film NTSC (IVCT)" and the VOBs from the ripped DVD were playing perfect.

Also happy to say that it was NOT an AnyDVD problem, the software made it's job nicely as expetecd!

Many thanks for your help :thankyou:

Back