• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Incredibles 2 ATMOS

Nev released a nightly build that fixes the issues. He based it on the output of the Movies and TV app and found some bugs (especially around branching points!!!). Now LAV Audio outputs the same data as the Movies and TV app. I'm watching Incredibles 2 right now and have already gotten through scenes that were definitely broken in the release LAV filters. This is absolutely fantastic!!

Chiming in with no real useful information, I just ripped Incredibles 2 to ISO with 1.2.4.0. It took close to 7 hours. I didn't watch the entire movie from that rip but spot checking seems fine. Is there another version I can try to rerip?

Thanks

Spot checking won't find the types of issues we're talking about in this thread. I'm not sure what you're asking in terms of "another version to try to rerip"? Another version of...what? In any case, the bitstreaming ATMOS issues with LAV have been fixed so as long as you're using the latest nightlies you won't have issues.

Spot checking won't find the types of issues we're talking about in this thread. I'm not sure what you're asking in terms of "another version to try to rerip"? Another version of...what? In any case, the bitstreaming ATMOS issues with LAV have been fixed so as long as you're using the latest nightlies you won't have issues.

sorry. I meant another CloneBD version... May I ask where the nighlies are located?

I haven't used CloneBD in a while. Yesterday I did two movies with the same parameters. First Man and Incredibles 2. First Man took an hour and its .cbdlog is 2mb. Incredibles 2 took 7h and its .cbdlog is 27mb.

Not sure why Incredibles 2 took that long. That's abnormal for a straight ISO rip. Unless you were compressing it? And you want to use the latest CloneBD as it has a bunch of fixes. Going back will definitely introduce issues.

As for the LAV nightlies they can be found here:

https://files.1f0.de/lavf/nightly/

Hope this helps!

the latest CloneBD as in 1.2.4.0 in my post?
No compression as in 0

I just installed the latest LAV filters. Flying fast (190fps) for about five minutes then droped suddenly at 10fps. All inputs bars turn 100% green and the estimated time goes from 1h to 7h in few seconds.

EDIT: I tried again, but this time with little compression. It passed the marked where it dropped previously to a crawl. It seems to be pacing at 70fps for an estimated rip time of 1h30min.

Last edited:
I would start a new thread and post a CloneBD log. That doesn't sound right.

Nev released a nightly build that fixes the issues. He based it on the output of the Movies and TV app and found some bugs (especially around branching points!!!). Now LAV Audio outputs the same data as the Movies and TV app. I'm watching Incredibles 2 right now and have already gotten through scenes that were definitely broken in the release LAV filters. This is absolutely fantastic!!
Hey SamuriHL... I saw your post about using LAV filters. I use Shields with Kodi installed to view my UHDs. Do you know if/how I can install/use LAV filters on the Shield? Or do I just have to wait until Elby finds a way to get the Diisney's ATMOS UHD's to stay in sync via CloneBD. Any information on you might provide would be apprecaited. :)

I would start a new thread and post a CloneBD log. That doesn't sound right.
You suggest I abort it and start over with 0 compression, let it run for 7h then post the 28Mb log file?

Hey SamuriHL... I saw your post about using LAV filters. I use Shields with Kodi installed to view my UHDs. Do you know if/how I can install/use LAV filters on the Shield? Or do I just have to wait until Elby finds a way to get the Diisney's ATMOS UHD's to stay in sync via CloneBD. Any information on you might provide would be apprecaited. :)

You can't. LAV filters are for Windows PC's. And yes, I believe there's STILL a ripping issue with these discs around the seamless branching segments. So that still needs to be looked at.

You suggest I abort it and start over with 0 compression, let it run for 7h then post the 28Mb log file?

Yea, I think it would be helpful to get that sorted out cause that seems....wrong.

Yea, I think it would be helpful to get that sorted out cause that seems....wrong.
Sorry for the questions as I don't know much about how it works with BD disks.
1) Will it be relevant if I redo the "problematic" CloneBD rip from an ISO image made by AnyDVD directly?
2) If 1 is OK, I'm little concern of posting a 30Mb logfile without knowing exactly the nature of the information collected. If possible, I'd rather install CloneBD on a VMWARE plain vanilla OS workstation and do the test rip on it with the ISO made by AnyDVD.

Can it be done with 1 and 2?

Thanks

I think these would be questions that @Pete could answer maybe.

I think these would be questions that @Pete could answer maybe.
Thanks, we'll wait for Pete then.

Meanwhile I made a AnyDVD->ISO file and setup up a VM Guest (Win7) running CloneBD with that ISO mounted as a BluRay disk. CloneBD saw the Incredibles 2 disk. The ripping was blistering fast (~260pfs).

So I don't know if the test is relevant to expose the problem I was having initially (6 fps/7h ripping the physical disk) I attached the logfile anyway.
  1. Physical BD Incredibles_2 rip to ISO with AnyDVD
  2. VMWARE 15 Workstation with guest Win7 and ISO mounted as a BD DISK
  3. Ran CloneBD from the VM, Ripped disk(virutal) to ISO

Last edited:
Not sure why Incredibles 2 took that long. That's abnormal for a straight ISO rip. Unless you were compressing it? And you want to use the latest CloneBD as it has a bunch of fixes. Going back will definitely introduce issues.

As for the LAV nightlies they can be found here:

https://files.1f0.de/lavf/nightly/

Hope this helps!
I seriously LOVE you, dude!

This not only solves the issue with the bitstreaming Atmos, but also with the pixelated video that I was getting with the Disney and Pixar logos at the very beginning of the film!

So, just going to resurrect this thread cause 1.2.4.8 seems to have some fixes around SEAMLESS titles, but, I reripped this and uhhhh, it's actually worse now. I'm getting dropouts again. Not the direction I was hoping to go with this one. SIGH

SamuriHL,

what is your target format for this? Disc? What type and size? Or anything else?

If it's me reporting an issue, you can be assured my output format is always lossless MKV. :)

So, just going to resurrect this thread cause 1.2.4.8 seems to have some fixes around SEAMLESS titles, but, I reripped this and uhhhh, it's actually worse now. I'm getting dropouts again. Not the direction I was hoping to go with this one. SIGH
That's a lie.
I can tell when you're lying.
Liar.

But seriously: what I remember, the main problem was an enormous audio lag.
I tested this disc (lossless audio/video -> MKV).
Played it back with VLC - the audio is spot-on now. And I witnessed no dropouts or anything (but I may kill someone if I have to watch this movie yet another time, it's not exactly my kind of movie).
Therefore I told Elby, that it's fine now. From my perspective it's a huge improvement.

So if you're saying it even got worse, we must be looking at two entirely different things.

I believe I need a bit more detail. How - exactly - do you play it back and do you have the same problem, when using VLC?

That was indeed the problem before... Audio lag. After I reripped it with 1.2.4.8 I started it and had audio drops in the first 3 or 4 minutes. I'm using jriver mc 25 with lav filters. I'll do some more testing today and see what's going on. I thought this should have fixed it. I never got beyond that point in testing to see if the audio stayed in sync. I'll get to the bottom of it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back