• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Has CloneDVD Mobile been abandoned by Redfox

imonfire

No updates except for a rebranding, wondering if this is ever going to take off or forever be relegated to a non-functioning piece of software?

No updates except for a rebranding, wondering if this is ever going to take off or forever be relegated to a non-functioning piece of software?
Non-functioning? Hardly. CDVDM 1201 works with anything I have run through it.

What exactly is not functioning?

Especially the 1.9xx series is is very buggy with constant encoder engine crashes on 'new' titles, tons of sync issues...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Especially the 1.9xx series is is very buggy with constant encoder engine crashes on 'new' titles, tons of sync issues...
Do you have an example of a ... "new" title? Or how to reproduce sync issues?

Selecting "Deinterlace video" crashes CloneDVDmobile 1.9 for me. (almost every dvd)

And new profiles for storing DVDs as files would be nice. More Audio options for the MPEG Pass-Through (Keep AC3 & covert DTS to mp3 for example => resulting in 2 audio tracks)

Do you have an example of a ... "new" title? Or how to reproduce sync issues?
Me personally no, but there's lots of topics in the cdvdm section. Almost every single one if I'm not mistaking.

@James Another issue with the 1.9 series of CloneDVD mobile is the issue of subtitles disappearing. Frank Hollander wrote about this problem and stated that there would be no solution until the Clone BD engine became available. Elby seem to be in no hurry to make their engine available and the ever increasing standards of resolution makes DVDs less and less attractive. AS I am hearing impaired I rely on the subtitles so all my disc purchases are Blu-rays. Given the time that has elapsed since Frank provided his advice it does appear as if RedFox has abandoned CloneDVD Mobile. Please refer to https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/subtitles-stop-during-play.55695/ for Frank's advice

mmdavis 1201 is a legacy program, i have seen countless threads of failures with the current program.

mmdavis 1201 is a legacy program, i have seen countless threads of failures with the current program.
Yes but it works more stable than the 1.9xx series, albeit slower.

I still hope we get the new version with the slyce engine some day ...

It's about time.

so if 1210 works better than the current version are we operating on an "if it aint broke donrt fix it" for a legacy version?

I hope not, 1.2 is far from perfect either.

Redfox is still flogging this product for 39 Euros for a lifetime license one i bought a long time ago... if only it did what it was supposed to do.

Redfox is still flogging this product for 39 Euros for a lifetime license one i bought a long time ago... if only it did what it was supposed to do.

Mostly it works for me (v1.9) :)
But I don't use it very often. I prefer the stellar results from CloneDVD to transfer/archive my Disks.

blank, CloneDVD is a stellar program for backing up to DVD it is not however suitable for backing up to mobile...

I was thinking about buying a license for clone dvd mobile like right now, but if it has bugs/doesn't work right then I will wait until that's fixed.

Back