• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trying to repair DVD Structure - Clone DVD,

Dave Y

The last 4 movies I backed up, either full movie or title only and preserve menu is selected, Clone DVD goes into "trying to repair defective DVD structure... please wait" message.
After it completes the repair, all seems to work okay.
AnyDVD HD 8.3.4.0 - CloneDVD 2.9.3.3
Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else?
Attaching the log for the latest movie.
Thank you for any assistance.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.4.0_Info_E_HUNTER_KILLER.ziplog
    821.4 KB · Views: 3
The last 4 movies I backed up, either full movie or title only and preserve menu is selected, Clone DVD goes into "trying to repair defective DVD structure... please wait" message.
Do you receive a repair message, if you "rip to directory (harddisk)" with AnyDVD ripper?

I had no problem backing up this Title, Region 1. AnyDvd 8.3.4.0 & CloneDvd 2.9.3.3, Main Movie Only. AnyDvd did take a minute or two to scan it, but is was successful.
I never preserve menu. I only do Main Movie with no titles. Hope this helps.

Do you receive a repair message, if you "rip to directory (harddisk)" with AnyDVD ripper?
I will try that later today and update you.

Last edited:
I had no problem backing up this Title, Region 1. AnyDvd 8.3.4.0 & CloneDvd 2.9.3.3, Main Movie Only. AnyDvd did take a minute or two to scan it, but is was successful.
I never preserve menu. I only do Main Movie with no titles. Hope this helps.
It works fine with movie only. This "repair defective DVD structure" message has occurred in the past, but very little. I just find it strange that it has happened on the last 4 movies I tried, all being fairly new. I'm going to try an older movie also.
I've done "movie only" when necessary, but I like having the title menu if possible.

This would be very helpful. Thank you!
I performed the "rip video disc to harddisk". It worked without a problem. Then I used that copy (on the hard drive) with CloneDVD2. It worked as it should (no repair defective structure message).
also, I tried a few older DVD's. The "repair" message did not occur.
Any idea as to why this is happening (on the latest releases)?
Thank you

I performed the "rip video disc to harddisk". It worked without a problem. Then I used that copy (on the hard drive) with CloneDVD2. It worked as it should (no repair defective structure message).
also, I tried a few older DVD's. The "repair" message did not occur.
Any idea as to why this is happening (on the latest releases)?
Thank you
Yes. AnyDVD ripper has been updated for some discs. CloneDVD is a little behind.

CloneDVD is a little behind.

Only a little? :p

Still it works. Though i'd love to see a new "CloneDVD Mobile" :) based on the CLBD engine. Last news about that was years ago, before the forced shutdown i believe. Currently using VSO's tool as CDVDM 1.2 series doesn't always work and the 1.9 series is way too buggy.

Yes. AnyDVD ripper has been updated for some discs. CloneDVD is a little behind.
I was thinking it was CloneDVD also. Thank you for the validation.
I know it hasn't been updated in years but any idea if there is an update on the horizon for CloneDVD2?
just wondering..

Last edited:
I was thinking it was CloneDVD also. Thank you for the validation.
I know it hasn't been updated in years but any idea if there is an update on the horizon for CloneDVD2?
I believe so.

Please try CloneDVD 2.9.3.4
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/clonedvd-2-9-3-4-beta.76499/

Please let me know, if this fixes the problem.

Back