• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Problem

Mine is the latest & greatest. 10.0.5816.54. And it doesn't detect Cinavia.
I repeat the question: Is this the retail version? Or did it come with a PC or drive?
It is always a good idea to post an AnyDVD logfile from a random disc.
Thanks James. It has been a long time since I acquired my PDVD 10, and I am not positive. It may have been a disc that came with my pc laptop. Any way I can determine that? I am uploading a log file from what I am currently watching. I don't mind purchasing a newer version of PDVD if that is the solution. Just need to know. Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.3.0_Info_J_Only_Lovers_Left_Alive_0CFE5AF7_7E745B87.ziplog
    263.3 KB · Views: 1
Thanks James. It has been a long time since I acquired my PDVD 10, and I am not positive. It may have been a disc that came with my pc laptop. Any way I can determine that? I am uploading a log file from what I am currently watching. I don't mind purchasing a newer version of PDVD if that is the solution. Just need to know. Thanks.
Yes, this looks like an OEM version. You need a different (not necessarily newer) PowerDVD version.

Off topic, you have TMT6 installed on your machine. The probably still running ArcCtrl.sys driver will crash your Windows 10 from time to time. If you haven't done yet, prevent the driver to start.

Yes, this looks like an OEM version. You need a different (not necessarily newer) PowerDVD version.

Off topic, you have TMT6 installed on your machine. The probably still running ArcCtrl.sys driver will crash your Windows 10 from time to time. If you haven't done yet, prevent the driver to start.
OK. That's good info. Any advice on how to get a different version? I am not too savvy about that. How can I prevent the ArcCtrl.sys driver from starting? Delete it? Uninstall TMT 6?

OK. That's good info. Any advice on how to get a different version?
You could buy the latest PowerDVD version from Cyberlink. But this isn't cheap. There might be another way to get an older PowerDVD retail version.

How can I prevent the ArcCtrl.sys driver from starting? Delete it? Uninstall TMT 6?
Uninstalling is good, but it won't uninstall the driver. Unfortunately.

Deleting it from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

will do, but you will have error messages on every boot in your Windows system log.

You can delete the registry key
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\arcctrl

but be very careful. This is from memory, make sure the registry key is correct and really points to ArcCtrl.sys

You could buy the latest PowerDVD version from Cyberlink. But this isn't cheap. There might be another way to get an older PowerDVD retail version.

Uninstalling is good, but it won't uninstall the driver. Unfortunately.

Deleting it from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

will do, but you will have error messages on every boot in your Windows system log.

You can delete the registry key
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\arcctrl

but be very careful. This is from memory, make sure the registry key is correct and really points to ArcCtrl.sys
Yea. I know most good things aren't cheap. Do you know a source for an older retail version that could work for me? I can uninstall TMT6 and delete the driver, but I haven't messed with registry info for quite some time. I have used a registry cleaner, but am uncertain about what it does and have just put up with recent messages.

Don't know. Retail packages from Amazon? Ebay dealers? Pretty much every retail version from PowerDVD 10 to 18 with latest updates should work. If you find a decent offer for PowerDVD 18, this would be a good choice. Thanks to AnyDVD you won't need to upgrade it anytime soon.

Don't know. Retail packages from Amazon? Ebay dealers? Pretty much every retail version from PowerDVD 10 to 18 with latest updates should work. If you find a decent offer for PowerDVD 18, this would be a good choice. Thanks to AnyDVD you won't need to upgrade it anytime soon.
I haven't tried, but you are saying that I could update my current version? Otherwise I will start looking around for something new. This should solve my Cinavia problem then?

Thanks James and testiles,
It is good when several people can come together, who don't know each other, and can agree to commonality against a problem that plagues us all. Thanks again for your time and expertise.

Thanks James and testiles,
It is good when several people can come together, who don't know each other, and can agree to commonality against a problem that plagues us all. Thanks again for your time and expertise.

Rick you're most welcome.

... And I whole-heartedly agree.

Good luck with the upgrade.

T

Back