• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Problem

Rick Steiner

Hey Guys,
I've been a Slysoft, Redfox member for a long time. I don't have many problems so I don't post much. Two questions: I signed in under my new email address, my old one being [snip] removed[/snip]. I hope that is now changed since I logged in under a new account with my new email address. Let me know how to change that if I didn't do that correctly.
Second, I have several movies I have ripped to iso that have played properly before. Now, just recently the Cinavia message with code 3 has popped up. This seems to be only on Sony movies. One is Underworld Blood Wars. Yes, I still use PowerDvd 10 because it has always worked, but my tray icon never turns purple. It goes light or dark, with or without the eyemask on the fox. So, do I need to upgrade to PowerDvd 18 to fix this, or is there something I changed that just recently is giving me a problem?
Thanks for your excellent work with AnyDvd, have used your products a lot, and hope this is an easy question for you.

(Post edited, email removed. - Ch3vr0n, please don't post email addresses for everyone to see on a public forum. That's asking for spam)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Rick Steiner

I'll ask the obvious question.

In AnyDVD Program Settings, do you still have "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" checked?

T

Hey Guys,
I've been a Slysoft, Redfox member for a long time. I don't have many problems so I don't post much. Two questions: I signed in under my new email address, my old one being [snip] removed [/snip]. I hope that is now changed since I logged in under a new account with my new email address. Let me know how to change that if I didn't do that correctly.
Second, I have several movies I have ripped to iso that have played properly before. Now, just recently the Cinavia message with code 3 has popped up. This seems to be only on Sony movies. One is Underworld Blood Wars. Yes, I still use PowerDvd 10 because it has always worked, but my tray icon never turns purple. It goes light or dark, with or without the eyemask on the fox. So, do I need to upgrade to PowerDvd 18 to fix this, or is there something I changed that just recently is giving me a problem?
Thanks for your excellent work with AnyDvd, have used your products a lot, and hope this is an easy question for you.

(Post edited, email removed. - Ch3vr0n, please don't post email addresses for everyone to see on a public forum. That's asking for spam)
PowerDVD 10 detects Cinavia? Is this the retail version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Rick Steiner

I'll ask the obvious question.

In AnyDVD Program Settings, do you still have "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" checked?

T
AnyDVD won't do anything with PowerDVD 10, because PowerDVD 10 doesn't detect Cinavia. At least, I thought so.

AnyDVD won't do anything with PowerDVD 10, because PowerDVD 10 doesn't detect Cinavia. At least, I thought so.
PowerDVD10 Ultra still doesn't detect Cinavia, and I still use it for Windows 7 and 10.

Thanks to RedFox for keeping this outdated software usable.

I see. Ok.

@Ch3vr0n , the email address is still visible in the first post. It's surrounded by "[snip]", "[/snip]" but I guess they didn't take effect? ...

T

I see. Ok.

@Ch3vr0n , the email address is still visible in the first post. It's surrounded by "[snip]", "[/snip]" but I guess they didn't take effect? ...

T
Because snip isn't an actual tag ;-), I just forgot to do the actual remove

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. That was my old email, no longer active, but I see the concern and won't do that again. Yes it is PowerDvd 10 the retail version not Ultra. The Program setting "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" is checked. It seemed to have been preventing the detection before because I have watched these movies in iso previously and there were no interruptions. I checked the CSS keys and these movies aren't listed. I thought they were supposed to have keys listed. I can create a log file if you want.

Thanks for the replies. That was my old email, no longer active, but I see the concern and won't do that again. Yes it is PowerDvd 10 the retail version not Ultra. The Program setting "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" is checked. It seemed to have been preventing the detection before because I have watched these movies in iso previously and there were no interruptions. I checked the CSS keys and these movies aren't listed. I thought they were supposed to have keys listed. I can create a log file if you want.

Rick, these are Blu-Rays right?

I think only DVDs have CSS keys.

T

Yep, Blu-Rays. I wasn't sure about the keys. Looking at them, I think they probably are all DVD.

Currently watching a Sony Blu-Ray movie, "Only Lovers Left Alive" for the first time and Cinavia keeps interrupting the show every 20 minutes. It ripped to image with no problem. The redfox in the icon tray is bright red with the black mask on like usual and the program setting for preventing the player software from detecting Cinavia is checked.

Currently watching a Sony Blu-Ray movie, "Only Lovers Left Alive" for the first time and Cinavia keeps interrupting the show every 20 minutes. It ripped to image with no problem. The redfox in the icon tray is bright red with the black mask on like usual and the program setting for preventing the player software from detecting Cinavia is checked.

James was saying that AnyDVD is not set-up to work with PDVD 10 for CNV removal because that version of PDVD shouldn't be able to detect Cinavia.

Did you do an update to PDVD recently then?

T

The earlier versions didn't no, i believe the last or last 2 versions did.

James was saying that AnyDVD is not set-up to work with PDVD 10 for CNV removal because that version of PDVD shouldn't be able to detect Cinavia.

Did you do an update to PDVD recently then?

T
No, I haven't ever upgraded this PDVD 10 although it has asked me numerous times to do so. I was looking at James post also and it brings me back to my original question about do I need to get a newer version of PDVD?

No, I haven't ever upgraded this PDVD 10 although it has asked me numerous times to do so. I was looking at James post also and it brings me back to my original question about do I need to get a newer version of PDVD?
My PDVD version is 10.0557.52 if that helps.

Seems like there are two possibilities...

One that James and company are going to modify AnyDVD to include PDVD 10 in it's Cinavia solution OR if not you upgrade to a PDVD version that AnyDVD does support.

BTW, I just today upgraded to PDVD 18.

Still testing it but so far seems good...

T

My PDVD version is 10.0557.52 if that helps.
Mine is the latest & greatest. 10.0.5816.54. And it doesn't detect Cinavia.
I repeat the question: Is this the retail version? Or did it come with a PC or drive?
It is always a good idea to post an AnyDVD logfile from a random disc.

One that James and company are going to modify AnyDVD to include PDVD 10 in it's Cinavia solution
PowerDVD 10 OEM was once supported, but I dropped support recently (some years? ago).
In this case, OP needs a different PowerDVD version.

Back