• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MKV Playback on Dune HD Pro 4k

Mizu_Ger

I've just got a Dune HD Pro 4K and found a strange problem with mkv files containing LPCM 1.0 soundtracks. Any I have created with AnyDVD/CloneBD playback with just static on the soundtrack. They play fine on my PC, but only static on the Dune.

I have also tried a competitor's software to make an mkv and that plays back at 2x speed with the LPCM 1.0 track is selected. Again, these play fine on my PC. It seems to be a problem with the Dune.

Any ideas what settings I could play with to find an mkv that'll play properly on the Dune?

The Dune is otherwise excellent

If they play fine on your pc, and the result is the same with third party software. Then it's most likely not CloneBD problem and this topic is in the wrong section. However, i'll leave it in place for now. Please provide a cloneBD logfile, maybe there's something off and @Reto or @Fabian can grab a look. But if they deem everything fine, i will have to move this topic.

I've just got a Dune HD Pro 4K and found a strange problem with mkv files containing LPCM 1.0 soundtracks. Any I have created with AnyDVD/CloneBD playback with just static on the soundtrack. They play fine on my PC, but only static on the Dune.

I have also tried a competitor's software to make an mkv and that plays back at 2x speed with the LPCM 1.0 track is selected. Again, these play fine on my PC. It seems to be a problem with the Dune.

Any ideas what settings I could play with to find an mkv that'll play properly on the Dune?

The Dune is otherwise excellent
You can try to convert into another audio format. AC3 (Dolby) or DTS for example.

If they play fine on your pc, and the result is the same with third party software. Then it's most likely not CloneBD problem and this topic is in the wrong section. However, i'll leave it in place for now. Please provide a cloneBD logfile, maybe there's something off and @Reto or @Fabian can grab a look. But if they deem everything fine, i will have to move this topic.

Yes, this is not a bug in CloneBD. I'm looking for options on how LPCM tracks are handled in the software and it there is anything that could cause a problem with certain players.

You can try to convert into another audio format. AC3 (Dolby) or DTS for example.

This is what I am trying at the moment, but I'd rather do a straight rip with no transcoding if possible.

I've been reading a bit on LPCM tracks and it seems they don't contain any channel information. The Dune plays LPCM 2.0 tracks fine, but goes haywire with 1.0 tracks and doesn't seem to be able to play 5.1 tracks at all. Very strange. As 2.0 tracks work fine, would it possible to output a 1.0 track as a 2-channel 1.0 track?

Unfortunately Dune's technical support is terrible.

This is what I am trying at the moment, but I'd rather do a straight rip with no transcoding if possible.

I've been reading a bit on LPCM tracks and it seems they don't contain any channel information. The Dune plays LPCM 2.0 tracks fine, but goes haywire with 1.0 tracks and doesn't seem to be able to play 5.1 tracks at all. Very strange. As 2.0 tracks work fine, would it possible to output a 1.0 track as a 2-channel 1.0 track?
This would mean to put the mono LPCM audio twice into the stream (one for left, one for right), doubling the size of the audio. Not a sensible approach. Either convert to DTS or Doby Digital, or use something non-broken for playback. ;)

This would mean to put the mono LPCM audio twice into the stream (one for left, one for right), doubling the size of the audio. Not a sensible approach. Either convert to DTS or Doby Digital, or use something non-broken for playback. ;)

Yeah. I'll just have to convert for playback. Pain in the .......!
All Criterion releases of older films tend to only have PCM1.0 soundtracks, otherwise its mostly okay.

Back