• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New UHD Rip Station Setup Questions:

bigeasy1234

I've been using AnyDVD HD and Handbrake to rip BD/DVDs to .mp4, and then stream to devices via the Plex app for Smart Tvs. Naturally I've been eyeing up upgrading this process to include UHD discs. See if I'm on the right track: I've been using a 10 -year old i7 920 with 6GBs of Ram as a RIP station and to host my Plex Server. I was going to upgrade my gaming system and hand down a i5-2500k w/16GB as the new RIP station and server. Again, I planned on using AnyDvd HD and CloneBD to make .mp4s. I'll need a UHD internal disc drive, are these still firmware "sensitive"? Other than that, am I on the right track?

Yes they're still firmware sensitive. Anydvd only works with uhd friendly drives.

Aight, good to know. Wouldn't happen to have a link to friendly drives?

The correct drives are available on a semi-regular basis on EBay. Just set up a search to tell you when. UHD requires different processing to circumvent all the Gotchas the hardware and software designers have put up as roadblocks. See the "Help Me Understand..." forum post in this category. With the help of Rocket Scientists like tgp7777777, and Ch3vrOn, I was able to figure the correct method, and have been happily processing and watching 4K movies now for years.

Back