• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Change region code on disc being burnt

mdelach

How do I change to region code from 2 on a disc I'm copying to 1 on the disc I'm burning?

U don't. Once anydvd decrypts, for DVDs the region is automatically removed, and can turn be played on ANY region provided the player supports the video format. (Region removal does not change PAL to NTSC or reverse).

For Blu-ray you need to tell anydvd to remove the region specifically, that's not enabled by default. NTSC or PAL doesn't apply to bd's.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

AnyDVD HD 8.3.3.0 removes the region code so I can “play” the DVD. …But the copy I’ve made to my hard drive once burned to a blank DVD still has the original region code, still in tow. How do you remove/change the region code to something different than the original DVD?

Once anydvd decrypts a DVD there's no region code on it anymore, at all. It's effectively 'region free'. You don't change it.

AnyDVD HD 8.3.3.0 removes the region code so I can “play” the DVD. …But the copy I’ve made to my hard drive once burned to a blank DVD still has the original region code, still in tow. How do you remove/change the region code to something different than the original DVD?

mdelach, for clarity, how are you making your copy?

Did you create a DVD folder from the original disc, then copy those folders to a blank disc?

Or something else?

T

Hi T, Copied DVD w/CloneDVD2 ver2.9.3.3 to folder on hard drive, tried using the "Write Existing Data" w/CloneDVD2 from saved DVD folder/files. Original DVD region 2, DVD burnt appears to still be region 2 as it will not play on region 1 player. Thanks

Hi T, Copied DVD w/CloneDVD2 ver2.9.3.3 to folder on hard drive, tried using the "Write Existing Data" w/CloneDVD2 from saved DVD folder/files. Original DVD region 2, DVD burnt appears to still be region 2 as it will not play on region 1 player. Thanks

I would have thought the region would have been removed from the folder copy on the hard drive and therefore not present on the burned disc - just as Ch3vron pointed out.

I saw another similar thread where it turned out the real problem was that the Region 2 DVD was PAL and the Region 1 DVD player only plays NTSC, of course.

Removing region doesn't fix that problem.

Could that be the issue here?

T

Damn, sure enough scoured the disc case and sure enough it's a PAL version. Newly released US movie not available in the US. Any thoughts on converting the PAL version into a NTSC version suitable to copy onto a DVD?!?

Figured that would be the case (as i advised you in my first post). It IS possible to convert the VIDEO to NTSC, however afaik you WILL lose all original menus. You can do this with VSO Software's "ConvertXtoDVD". There may be other tools or methods but that's the one i know works.

Figured that would be the case (as i advised you in my first post). It IS possible to convert the VIDEO to NTSC, however afaik you WILL lose all original menus. You can do this with VSO Software's "ConvertXtoDVD". There may be other tools or methods but that's the one i know works.

Ch3vron, in your experience, does ConvertXtoDVD work well?

Meaning do you lose video and/or audio resolution in the conversion?

I have a music concert that I could only find on a PAL DVD. Would really like to convert it to an NTSC DVD to play on my standalone player in the "studio".

But, unfortunately it's not the best video quality. If the conversion process degrades it further it would probably be unwatchable....

T

You don't lose any audio or resolution unless you tell it to remove the tracks or downscale.

Back