• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD continues to rip event after USB drive disconnect

DarthRay

First of all, I think this may be a general problem, but the last time it happened, it did with a DVD, so I'm posting here. Let me know if a different place would have been more appropriate.

My scenario is to rip a DVD to an ISO image. I have a couple of USB external drives connected to a docking station, which is connected to my laptop. I pop 1 DVD on each of the drives and wait for AnyDVD to recognize them and pop its UI with the status. Both are recognized and I proceed to right-click and choose "Rip to Image...". I usually do both at the same time.

This time though (and a few times before), I heard the USB disconnect sound as soon as ripping started on one of the drives (around 1% completion). Then the drive re-connects and AnyDVD scans the disc again. This is happening more and more and I think it may be related to the docking station I'm using -- anyways, this is external to AnyDVD HD. What's weird though is that I would expect AnyDVD to abort the ripping as soon as the drive disconnects, but it continues, even after AnyDVD shows the status page after the disc is re-scanned. Another data point: whatever AnyDVD is doing, it's doing it fast at around 30MB/s, which is not the speed I normally get from this drive. The end result is an ISO image about the size you'd expect that cannot be mounted because it's corrupted. Meanwhile, the other ripping session completes just fine. If I remove and re-insert the disc a couple of times, I can usually get a complete rip.

Is this a known issue, by any chance? Has anyone come across this behavior before?

I'm attaching logs just in case.

Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.3.0_Info_H_ELEMENTARY_S5_D6.ziplog
    154.2 KB · Views: 0
You're not supposed to rip to Iso -- on Dvd's--with AnyDVD, only use CloneDvD2 along with AnyDVD, or rip to folder with AnyDVD, then use DVdShrink.

Rip to Iso is for Blu-ray only.

You're not supposed to rip to Iso -- on Dvd's--with AnyDVD, only use CloneDvD2 along with AnyDVD, or rip to folder with AnyDVD, then use DVdShrink.

Rip to Iso is for Blu-ray only.
True, but AnyDVD shouldn't continue ripping without a source drive.

Not a problem. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help diagnose this problem.
You can try AnyDVD 8.3.4.0, which fixes the problem.

Back