• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Incredibles 2 ATMOS

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
Not sure if this is a CloneBD issue or not but figured I'd ask here anyway. Disney ATMOS tracks are a real pain in the ass it seems. I don't know if it's the seamless branching that causes issues or what but I have a hell of a time bitstreaming the ATMOS track after ripping to MKV. Essentially the audio drops completely at one point, and if I restart the movie I get the audio back but I get drops, sync issues, and various ugly problems. I've attached the CloneBD log just in case there's anything in there that might show a problem. I've also reached out to nevcariel to see if it's a LAV Audio problem but I don't think so because even decoding the TrueHD portion to PCM shows whacked issues. Disney titles seem to be the most problematic. I have issues with Coco, as well.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.3.0.Incredibles 2 Ultra HD.cbdlog
    398.4 KB · Views: 2
Not sure if this is a CloneBD issue or not but figured I'd ask here anyway. Disney ATMOS tracks are a real pain in the ass it seems. I don't know if it's the seamless branching that causes issues or what but I have a hell of a time bitstreaming the ATMOS track after ripping to MKV. Essentially the audio drops completely at one point, and if I restart the movie I get the audio back but I get drops, sync issues, and various ugly problems. I've attached the CloneBD log just in case there's anything in there that might show a problem. I've also reached out to nevcariel to see if it's a LAV Audio problem but I don't think so because even decoding the TrueHD portion to PCM shows whacked issues. Disney titles seem to be the most problematic. I have issues with Coco, as well.

I thought i might have been going crazy till i saw this post. My lossless conversion to MKV has a near identical issue to this post. At around the hour mark the audio starts to get choppy/unsynched/then drops out. Unable to replicate this watching the preview player, but was able to replicate the audio issue (lossless MKV playback) on multiple machines (PC/Shield). The only thing that seems odd is there is a separate track for DD+ 7.1. Don't commonly see that separated out by itself.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.3.0.Incredibles 2.cbdlog
    391.8 KB · Views: 2
Yea I tried another rip and added both tracks. I haven't had time to see if the DD+ 7.1 track has issues, too. I also tried ripping with MakeMKV just to see if that was any better. It wasn't.

Thanks, Fabian. Let me know if you need anything.

Feelin the pain,This movie was pretty good. I got 47 minutes into the movie and sound was out of sync and tried different ways no luck. other try's no sound at all with some different measures?

Yea, that's the issue we're working on here. This ATMOS track seems to be rather troublesome.

Fabian, have you had a chance to look at this one? The reason I ask is there are dozens of users having issues with this title and no one's 100% sure where the issue is. None of the ripping tools seem to handle this one properly. My gut instinct tells me it's a problem with seamless branching. Just curious if you found the issue or have looked at it at all. Thanks!

Fabian, have you had a chance to look at this one? The reason I ask is there are dozens of users having issues with this title and no one's 100% sure where the issue is. None of the ripping tools seem to handle this one properly. My gut instinct tells me it's a problem with seamless branching. Just curious if you found the issue or have looked at it at all. Thanks!
Yes, I'm pretty sure it's the "not so seamless" branching.

I tried the latest version of CloneBD and things improved. Playing it back with LAV filters still shows issues but when I play it back with my SHIELD I get no dropouts. It does drift audio sync over time though so it's still not quite right.

Just out of interest, have you tried using a step before using CloneBD, and that is to load the Movie MPLS into tsmuxer and therefore combining the multi m2ts files into a single m2ts result which will eliminate branching when putting this resultant container into CloneBD.
(Just as an experiment)

Nope. I'm not going to mess with it any further. It plays fine on my SHIELD with no drop outs. So it's looking more and more like a LAV issue.

I had the same issue an solved it by using BD_ReBuilder created a BD dir. From there I used CloneBD to backup to a .MP4 file. No audio sync issues.

MP4 doesn't contain ATMOS so that's why it works with no audio sync issues for you. It's ONLY when bitstreaming the ATMOS extensions do we get audio dropouts.

I had audio sync issues prior to the BD ReBuilder with mp4. I don't think the issue was what your converting it into mkv/mp4. I think there is a bug with some software. I would try BD Rebuilder just make sure the setting are to your liking.

I've not used BD Rebuilder but I've ripped it with multiple applications and they all show the same problem. Bitstreaming dropouts with ATMOS on the PC and no problem on the SHIELD. I could take the time to set up BD Rebuilder to test yet another solution, but, at this point I don't really want to. I've gone through multiple player software to test this with. They all show similar issues.

I've not used BD Rebuilder but I've ripped it with multiple applications and they all show the same problem. Bitstreaming dropouts with ATMOS on the PC and no problem on the SHIELD. I could take the time to set up BD Rebuilder to test yet another solution, but, at this point I don't really want to. I've gone through multiple player software to test this with. They all show similar issues.
Hey SamuriHL…

First, let me say thank you for all the time you've put into moderating various forums for RedFox. IMHO, you do a great job. :)

I'm replying to this thread to see if you know if there has been any movement on the Disney ATMOS syncing issue. My copies of Coco and The Incredibles (1 and 2) all show the same problem. That is, they start out in sync but then gradually get out of sync worse and worse as the movie continues. I have both a HTPC running Windows 7 and a SHIELD. I use Kodi Krypton as my front end on both and both environments experience the same issue. I saw that you mentioned that you don't seem to have the issue on the SHIELD. Did you make any changes to it's setup to help with the problem? Any insights you have would be appreciated. Hopefully Elby developers will be able to address this soon in an upcoming release.

Hey SamuriHL…

First, let me say thank you for all the time you've put into moderating various forums for RedFox. IMHO, you do a great job. :)

Well, I've been retired as a mod for quite some time, but, thanks. :)

I'm replying to this thread to see if you know if there has been any movement on the Disney ATMOS syncing issue. My copies of Coco and The Incredibles (1 and 2) all show the same problem. That is, they start out in sync but then gradually get out of sync worse and worse as the movie continues. I have both a HTPC running Windows 7 and a SHIELD. I use Kodi Krypton as my front end on both and both environments experience the same issue. I saw that you mentioned that you don't seem to have the issue on the SHIELD. Did you make any changes to it's setup to help with the problem? Any insights you have would be appreciated. Hopefully Elby developers will be able to address this soon in an upcoming release.

I've seen the issue you're talking about on the SHIELD, as well. It does eventually go out of sync but doesn't have the same drops. The issue is guaranteed to be a result of the seamless branching that's used on these titles. A bunch of us asked Nev about it and there's nothing he can really do, and that is only LAV filters. Until Fabian comes back and lets us know if he found the issue and a fix or not there's really not a lot we can do. It should be noted that this happens no matter what tool you use to rip. I've tried most of them with the same results. When the seamless branches are joined, for whatever reason, this is the issue we get in ATMOS.

Well, I've been retired as a mod for quite some time, but, thanks. :)

I've seen the issue you're talking about on the SHIELD, as well. It does eventually go out of sync but doesn't have the same drops. The issue is guaranteed to be a result of the seamless branching that's used on these titles. A bunch of us asked Nev about it and there's nothing he can really do, and that is only LAV filters. Until Fabian comes back and lets us know if he found the issue and a fix or not there's really not a lot we can do. It should be noted that this happens no matter what tool you use to rip. I've tried most of them with the same results. When the seamless branches are joined, for whatever reason, this is the issue we get in ATMOS.

Thanks so much for your response. I'll just bide my time and wait for Fabian to let us know. Hopefully we'll have a new release that will fix the issue (if it's fixable), soon. :) Thanks again...

Here's an interesting wrinkle. Nev asked us to check the movies and tv app in Windows 10 which supports bitstreaming audio to see if there's any issue with the ATMOS track playback. Guess what, there is not! It didn't even fall out of sync like the SHIELD. So he's going to look into that and see if it can help him fix LAV Filters for playback of these crazy titles. Still appears to be a seamless branching issue, however, so I'm hoping Elby can fix the ripping of these titles.

Back