• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot process request at this moment, please try again later!

2-perf

Hi,

I ripped this 2010 Blu-ray "ZOMBIE FLEASEATERS DISC 1" like a week ago. Last night, I tried to rip it again and strangely got these error messages. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

The only thing I can think of is this "2019-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 (KB4480116)" which happened like 4 days ago.

Cannot%20process%20request%20at%20this%20moment%2C%20please%20try%20again%20later.png
Error%20processing%20Blu-ray%20disc.png

Status.png

Thank you.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.3.0_Info_O_ZOMBIE FLEASEATERS DISC 1.ziplog
    127.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi,

I ripped this 2010 Blu-ray "ZOMBIE FLEASEATERS DISC 1" like a week ago. Last night, I tried to rip it again and strangely got these error messages. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you.
You insert a writable disc. I believe this is no original? Please insert the original disc.

That writable disc I wasn't able to rip last night is the one I was able to a week ago....???

That writable disc I wasn't able to rip last night is the one I was able to a week ago....???
Sorry, I don't follow. You need to insert the original disc. Not a writable disc created from a protected iso. You must create a new copy from the original.

I was under the impression I was doing a 1:1 .iso using AnyDVD HD and that by burning that .iso back to a BD-R / BD-R DL was resulting in a 1:1 copy of the original disc. Looks like I was wrong.

Label Blue Underground recently released a 2018 restoration of Zombie Flesh Eaters on Blu-ray which lead me to give to a friend my good old 2010 Arrow Video Blu-ray. Before doing so I decided do a copy of it as there's an extra on that Blu-ray I wanted to keep as it's not included on the new Blue Underground release.

I did an .iso as 1:1 as I could meaning I didn't "Removed Blu-ray Region Code" and made sure "Keep Protection Blu-ray / HD DVD" was checked. I believed I had a 1:1 copy of the original disc. I even spent $5 on Panasonic MEI-T02-001 BD-R DL.

I was under the impression I was doing a 1:1 .iso using AnyDVD HD and that by burning that .iso back to a BD-R / BD-R DL was resulting in a 1:1 copy of the original disc. Looks like I was wrong.

Label Blue Underground recently released a 2018 restoration of Zombie Flesh Eaters on Blu-ray which lead me to give to a friend my good old 2010 Arrow Video Blu-ray. Before doing so I decided do a copy of it as there's an extra on that Blu-ray I wanted to keep as it's not included on the new Blue Underground release.

I did an .iso as 1:1 as I could meaning I didn't "Removed Blu-ray Region Code" and made sure "Keep Protection Blu-ray / HD DVD" was checked. I believed I had a 1:1 copy of the original disc. I even spent $5 on Panasonic MEI-T02-001 BD-R DL.
Checking "keep protection" was wrong. There should have been a warning telling you so.
Do avoid such problems in the future, use CloneBD to rip & burn. It even shows you what it is doing. (You can see & hear the disc content). Sweet.

I had this warning every single time (and that's many times) I ripped a Blu-ray to .iso using AnyDVD HD as my goal always was not to alter the disc at all. The thing is it's the first time I face this problem. All of my other BD-R / BD-R DL can be read back. This disc must have a special protection. I must admit I don't know much about this.

What I don't understand is that the .iso worked before being burned.

Thanks for your patience James.

Can CloneBD clone a protected disc such as the one I have problem with? Making a true 1:1 working BD-R DL copy?

I just downloaded CloneBD. CloneBD's install offers to install DirectX. I have Windows 10 with DirectX 12 installed. Should I install CloneBD's DirectX? Thanks for your time! Sorry for my bad English. Hopefully you understand me.

I just downloaded CloneBD. CloneBD's install offers to install DirectX. I have Windows 10 with DirectX 12 installed. Should I install CloneBD's DirectX?
Yes.

Can CloneBD clone a protected disc such as the one I have problem with? Making a true 1:1 working BD-R DL copy?
No, CloneBD does not handle protected discs. And neither will your player, it will see the disc is not read-only yet still protected and will refuse playback

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

You cannot copy to a BD-R keeping the copy protection and expect the copy to work. Otherwise it would be a very lame copy protection. ;)
AnyDVD must be running to remove the protection "on the fly" (it is a realtime decrypter).

Bert is helping me understanding what I was missing.

Thanks James.

Sorry, I'm junior in this field but now it gets more clearer thanks to your answers. Quite appreciated!

Sorry, one more question, does the "Keep Protection (Blu-ray / HD DVD)" option when ripping to image is meant to override the "Enable Blu-ray support" of the Video Blu-ray Settings?

Sorry, one more question, does the "Keep Protection (Blu-ray / HD DVD)" option when ripping to image is meant to override the "Enable Blu-ray support" of the Video Blu-ray Settings?
You could put it that way, but there are subtle differences. E.g. bus encryption. Even if you tick "keep protection", bus encryption (an encryption layer from the drive to the PC motherboard) will be removed, otherwise the image would be completely useless. As a "junior" you shouldn't bother with the AnyDVD ripper at all. Just use CloneBD, it is easy to use, you see what it does, you can select titles / audio tracks you wish to exclude to save space, it burns, converts, and as long as you don't need to compress video, it is free to use.

Hi James,

Ok, I understand it's normal that burning a protected .iso to BD-R (DL) results in these error messages I attached to my OP.

But why is this other title OPERA WIDESCREEN (log attached) works like an original disc even though it went through the EXACT SAME ripping / burning settings as my ZOMBIE FLEASEATERS DISC 1?

As far as I know they had the same kind of protection and both are Region B. What are the differences between those 2 discs which result in one BD-R DL working (OPERA WIDESCREEN) and the other (ZOMBIE FLEASEATERS DISC 1) not.

Thanks a lot for your patience. :)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.3.0_Info_O_OPERA WIDESCREEN_40B36D94_15751A0D.ziplog
    162.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi James,

Ok, I understand it's normal that burning a protected .iso to BD-R (DL) results in these error messages I attached to my OP.

But why is this other title OPERA WIDESCREEN (log attached) works like an original disc even though it went through the EXACT SAME ripping / burning settings as my ZOMBIE FLEASEATERS DISC 1?

As far as I know they had the same kind of protection and both are Region B. What are the differences between those 2 discs which result in one BD-R DL working (OPERA WIDESCREEN) and the other (ZOMBIE FLEASEATERS DISC 1) not.

Thanks a lot for your patience. :)
This disc is in AnyDVD's online or local database.

I see but then I'm curious as to why German label '84 Entertainment's Opera is in AnyDVD's online or local database over British Arrow Video's Zombie Flesh Eaters. Arrow's Zombie Flesh Eaters is way more common out there.

Simple, someone must have seen that disc before you did, so the data was added to the OPD prior to you making your protected disc backup. For the zombie title, you're the first one, so the ORIGINAL disc is required. There's no way around that. You'll need to provide an anydvd logfile from the ORIGINAL DISC, so the data can be added to the OPD. Shortly after, anydvd will then be able to handle your protected disc backup.

Something you shouldn't be doing btw, burning a protected iso to disc without anydvd running. What you have there now (if you're planning on using them in a standalone player), are 2 very nice beer coaster (if you drink that) or frisbees. As any standalone player (old or new) will reject them for playback. Only a software player will be able to handle them and that is AFTER decryption has been removed (by anydvd or any other decrypting tool, though anydvd is the best :)), or they'll reject it too.

Back