• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Current Supported UHD Blurays: Add Yours to Comments and they will be added to this list

A House With A Clock In Its Walls Working Now With Version 8330
Thank You Redfox :)

Today 2 new UHDs came in from Amazon.

Predator 2018 was one and AnyDVD handled it no problem. (y)

2001 was the other. Finally!!!

But sadly, this 2001 version is not supported. :(

Waited so long for this, I was bummed at first, then realized I just need to dust off the old UHD player to watch tonight and can make a computer copy later....

T

Everyone says this new copy of 2001 is fantastic. I might have to add that one to my list at some point.

Everyone says this new copy of 2001 is fantastic. I might have to add that one to my list at some point.

I remember being very impressed even back when the Blu Ray came out.

I can only imagine that UHD takes the visuals over the top...

Soon to find out :=)

T

I have the blu-ray and just watched it a couple weeks ago scaled up to 4k. But the reviews said the HDR on the UHD is fantastic and gives it a whole new feel. So enjoy!

Bad Times at the El Royale is not currently handled. This one came from the US Best Buy. I'm curious to see if it really does have HDR10+ on it or not. It's supposed to be Fox's entry into that game.

EDIT: It is detected as HDR10+ in another tool. Neat!

Quick update:

Newly-acquired Venom UHD worked in AnyDVD right out the gate. (This movie surprised me in that I did not expect to like it but found it very entertaining).

Unfortunately, my version of 2001 A Space Odyssey (Amazon US 2nd release) continues to be unsupported.

I did watch 2001 on the UHD player and I have to say it really was breath-taking!!!

The visuals are so striking, I even sat still through the opening Ape Man scenes (which I used to fast-forward through in the VHS days)(lol).

Another Forum member recently told me she saw King Kong 2005 UHD and felt the increased resolution pointed out many flaws in the special effects she had never noticed.

2001 UHD is just the opposite. It exposes all the fine detail that Kubrick packed into this movie when he made it and continues to amaze 50 years later!!

Well worth all the waiting.

Now if I could just back it up on computer, I will rest easy (lol)....

T

I forgot to look for that while I was at Best Buy. It's still sold out everywhere. sigh.

Got a new UHD today that is not supported yet....

This list right now:

1) Bad Times at the El Royale (US - Best Buy)

2) 2001 A Space Odyssey (US - Amazon, Release 2)

3) Night School (US - Amazon) (new)

T

How long does it normally take for new titles to be able to backed up?

In the past I backed up as MKVs but I wanted to start backing up as .iso or BDMV folders.

I also have: Bad Times at the El Royale & Night School that aren’t in the system yet. It’s been a week since release but again I wasn’t sure of the average time it takes for them to be put in the OPD.

There is no "average time" it completely depends on individual titles. 2001 is not supported yet, either. They will be at some point. It's just a matter of checking every once in a while until they add the key. UHD support is not like blu-ray, unfortunately.

Can I save as a protected .iso & later when it is in the OPD do an unprotected BDMV file from the protected .iso?

Can I save as a protected .iso & later when it is in the OPD do an unprotected BDMV file from the protected .iso?

Yes that should work.

That definitely does work!

I've done it in the past with no problems -- once the protected .iso was supported.

One of the reasons why the ability to create protected .iso's is a beautiful thing.

T

That definitely does work!

I've done it in the past with no problems -- once the protected .iso was supported.

One of the reasons why the ability to create protected .iso's is a beautiful thing.

T

Yes, that option came about because a couple of us back in the early days of blu-ray were using protected ISO's to back up BD+ protected titles. Once in a while before they fully handled BD+, AnyDVD would "get it wrong" as it were causing us to have to re-rip when the issue was fixed. Back when I FIRST started BD backups, I had no other way of doing it as I was pulling images off my PS3 using DD. :D So James and co added the "keep protection" option for us. It's quite handy.

P.S. Watched 2001 UHD on my UB820 in Dolby Vision last night. OMG! There's really no words to describe that experience.

Yes, that option came about because a couple of us back in the early days of blu-ray were using protected ISO's to back up BD+ protected titles. Once in a while before they fully handled BD+, AnyDVD would "get it wrong" as it were causing us to have to re-rip when the issue was fixed. Back when I FIRST started BD backups, I had no other way of doing it as I was pulling images off my PS3 using DD. :D So James and co added the "keep protection" option for us. It's quite handy.

Hey SamuriHL.

Thanks for that history of the option. Good to know.

Glad it was done because I really use it ALL the time.

... P.S. Watched 2001 UHD on my UB820 in Dolby Vision last night. OMG! There's really no words to describe that experience.

Awesome, guy!

I'm really glad you were able to get your copy. I assume from Amazon?

Yes it is a magnificent experience. So far my number one fav UHD of all I have seen.

I like this UHD enough to want to actually create a backup disc -- but can't do that until AnyDVD supports it...

BTW, no new updates to report as far as AnyDVD support for this 2001 UHD version or Night School.

I don't know about Bad Times at the El Royale.

T

Last edited:

P.S. Watched 2001 UHD on my UB820 in Dolby Vision last night. OMG! There's really no words to describe that experience.

The HD Blu ray of 2001 is appalling, soft and a total insult to the film, glad the UHD is good.

They can take their time in those movies. I'm away on vacation. Lol Seriously though I'm sure they be supported soon. We just need to be patient and keep trying periodically. I did el Royale already not with anydvd.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back