• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 8.3.3.0 Boot error

Dave Y

Sorry,
I'm not sure where to post this. I received a boot error this AM when AnyDVD loaded. The message asked me to post the error log dump (attached). AnyDVD was in my tray when I looked but then closed. I restarted it and all looks okay now.
I hope this helps for your troubleshooting.
Regards.

No dump file attached, so no at the moment it doesn't help :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

What is this file and where does it come from?
You probably need to remove the .txt file extension. Forum by default doesn't allow to upload dump files with .dmp. op said it was generated during boot or something

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Yes, it was generated during the boot. it saved as a .dmp file. sorry, just trying to help with a possible software bug. Thanks anyway. Thread closed.

You are, James is just asking where it Was from. Now he knows

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Yes, it was generated during the boot. it saved as a .dmp file. sorry, just trying to help with a possible software bug.
AnyDVD usually saves these files as a .zip file. I can't get the file you posted work with the debugger.

Yes, it was generated during the boot. it saved as a .dmp file. sorry, just trying to help with a possible software bug. Thanks anyway. Thread closed.
It doesn't seem to be a valid Windows dmp file.
Couldn't get it to be analyzed by any debugger.

For some reason, yesterday, the error file that saved as a .RAR, wouldn't upload. Today it did. I use this program to zip files. Hopefully you can use this.

For some reason, yesterday, the error file that saved as a .RAR, wouldn't upload. Today it did. I use this program to zip files. Hopefully you can use this.
AnyDVD saved it as a zip file, why don't you just upload the zip file? I hope @Pete can unpack this.

Sorry, but my default (only) compression (zip) program is WinRAR. That is how the .dmp file saved. I wish I could be of more help.

Sorry, but my default (only) compression (zip) program is WinRAR. That is how the .dmp file saved. I wish I could be of more help.

WinRAR can create excellent zip files, too.

Yeah but that's not what james said. James wondered why it was in .rar because AnyDVD itself creates its dump files in .zip natively.

Yeah but that's not what james said. James wondered why it was in .rar because AnyDVD itself creates its dump files in .zip natively.

That‘s right, there is no need for further compression.

Maybe i'm not being clear. When the AnyDVD error window opened, it said I could open the location where the file was saved and upload it to RedFox. I opened the location and it was not in .zip form, it had saved as AnyDVD.RAR . The .RAR is all I have.

Maybe i'm not being clear. When the AnyDVD error window opened, it said I could open the location where the file was saved and upload it to RedFox. I opened the location and it was not in .zip form, it had saved as AnyDVD.RAR . The .RAR is all I have.
We understand, but it is odd. The only zip program I have is Winrar. When I save an AnyDVD log, it is saved as a .ziplog, not a .rar. Fortunately, I haven't needed to do a dump file. Just out of curiosity, can you do an AnyDVD log and see if it is saved as a .ziplog or .rar.

We understand, but it is odd. The only zip program I have is Winrar. When I save an AnyDVD log, it is saved as a .ziplog, not a .rar. Fortunately, I haven't needed to do a dump file. Just out of curiosity, can you do an AnyDVD log and see if it is saved as a .ziplog or .rar.
Don't bother. AnyDVD doesn't contain code to create a .rar file.

Just last month I uploaded a logfile and it saved as .ziplog . I also uploaded a ".ziplog" logfile back in April, 2018. I have performed a search on my computer for ".zip" and ".ziplog" and could only find these 2 instances. Does anyone know exactly where (what default folder/directory) this error report I received would have originally been saved?

Standard logfiles are created in My Documents\AnyDVD_logs, dump files aren't standard logfiles and location depends on system configuration. I believe however anydvd falls under the category "User-Mode application" and as such should create dump files (NOT standard logfiles) in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" (if you don't know where the %LOCALAPPDATA% is, simply hit start > run and enter that command without brackets), unless @James hardcoded it otherwise or anydvd doesn't fall under "user-mode application".

Code:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/wer/collecting-user-mode-dumps

Back