• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

choppy video

daviddegraw

I have 3gb ram, windows vista home premium, ati mobility radeon x1600 and all drivers updated, but with anydvd running or not when I play HD dvds with cyberlink powerdvd 7.3 ultra deluxe the video stutters a lot, but the audio plays fine does anyone know why I am having this issue? My buddy has the same computer except xp MCE and his works fine. Any thoughts?

I noticed things run a little slower on vista than xp. What cpu are you using. I think its either your cpu or video card or both. Find out how much cpu utilization your system is using while playing movies by hitting ctrl alt del. If you're consistantly running over 70-80% you should upgrade your cpu and/or video card.

When playing powerdvd its does jump to 70-80% or higher its about 15% or lower during normal use.

CPU: Intel Core Duo T2500(2.0GHz)

Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon X1600

Its an ASUS laptop so how can I upgrade the CPU or Video Card?

Does it being power dvd have anything to do with it? Would a different player(when one is available) use less ?

i called asus and all I can do is upgrade to a 2.16 ghz will that make it work any better or should I just roll back to xp?

you may want to try to role back to xp, even then it may not work because you are pushing it with your hardware, i recall asus was going to make an adaptor for laptops which will allow you to use a desktop video card on laptops....not sure if they sell that yet

When playing powerdvd its does jump to 70-80% or higher its about 15% or lower during normal use.

CPU: Intel Core Duo T2500(2.0GHz)

Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon X1600

Its an ASUS laptop so how can I upgrade the CPU or Video Card?

Does it being power dvd have anything to do with it? Would a different player(when one is available) use less ?

I don't use vista, don't like it, still prefer xp for running blu ray.

I use the following:

Windows XP SP2
AMD X2 64 4600
Radeon ATI X1600
2 GB RAM
BWU-100A Sony Blu Ray
HD-S802A Toshiba HD DVD
Any DVD HD

I know cyberlink has a software program I use which tells you whether your cpu, ram, and video display is HDCP compliant and if it meets the minimum requirements. Try running that and see what you get from there.

Good Luck!

Back